Page 14 of 22 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast
Results 131 to 140 of 220

Thread: R600 Open-Source Driver WIth GLSL, OpenGL 2.0

  1. #131
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    5,411

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bridgman View Post
    Actually both drivers are alive and well, and Alex normally commits new GPU support to both drivers, at least in places where the code is common between the drivers (ie the acceleration code). Changes to work with KMS/GEM/TTM are only going into the radeon driver so far.

    "Changes to work with KMS/GEM/TTM are only going into the radeon driver so far"

    means...... radeonhd=death.-

    Vesa is alive to!

  2. #132
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    5,411

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by barbarbaron View Post
    Well well well... The crysis is over as I got a new 9800GT, installed it, injected the driver and wow! modern technology... I will give the X1950XT to my brother as a new year present as he still uses windows XP and won't have any problems with 9.3 drivers there. Thanks to everyone who participated in this skirmish and happy computing and new year.
    "injected the driver and wow! modern technology"

    9800gt? fail..... a GTX2xx are much better for modern technology like OpenCL....

    a hd5xxx also supports openGL4.x a nv9800gt only supports OGL3.x.

    but yes vor 1 year your 9800gt is ok.

  3. #133
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    75

    Default

    9800gt? fail.....
    Hey I got it cheap bro doesn't that make any difference?
    And guess what? I still play Baldur's Gate 2 maybe I should go buy some games for this new fella. I've a bad feeling that I'll lose my job in the end, maybe I should switch to OpenGL programming but after all those years of php+database toiling it seems hard to me.

  4. #134
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    5,411

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by barbarbaron View Post
    Hey I got it cheap bro doesn't that make any difference?
    And guess what? I still play Baldur's Gate 2 maybe I should go buy some games for this new fella. I've a bad feeling that I'll lose my job in the end, maybe I should switch to OpenGL programming but after all those years of php+database toiling it seems hard to me.

    "Hey I got it cheap bro doesn't that make any difference?"

    Yes? cheap yes nice..... i do not believe in prices...
    cheap in this Point only means outdatet..... but yes good enough for you and mybe better than "FGLRX" for you.

    to believe in something makes a divergence really!

    I believe in the power of Teamwork, in the Power of Open-minding and free speaking. (i will never ever sign a NDA thats stops my freedome of speak)
    I believe in free and open standards and the peace of 'industrial competition'.
    I believe in Free-Software FOSS (opensource) which brings peace to the world.


    it makes a difference...... Buy intel,via,amd/ati do not buy nvidia!

    nvidia is the pure Evil!


    "I've a bad feeling that I'll lose my job in the end, maybe I should switch to OpenGL programming but after all those years of php+database toiling it seems hard to me."

    if you believe in OpenGL you need the SPEC of your graficcard because you need to improve openGL because openGL is dieing again directX.....
    program openGL appz and Gamz work only with nvidia-only-extensions hurt openGL!
    nvidia hurt openGL because all programms codes on openGL+nvidia makes problems on other graficcards...

    example:

    X3 only nvidia works in full features.....
    wine only nvidia[...]........
    ID-Rage idtech5 plans only nvidia......

    nvidia hurts the openGL market!

    if you buy nvidia you hurt OpenGL.......

  5. #135
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    6,626

    Default

    Why is it Nvidia's fault when no other vendor has got a complete opengl stack or the needed extensions to support some wine features? Nobody holds ATI or somebody else back to implement the same extensions. I think you completely reverse the current driver state. What you suggest is to buy hardware that will work maybe in the future correctly, that's absolutely stupid from a practical point of view. Also it is very unlikely that the gfx market is changed even when all Linux gamers/hd movie watchers would buy Nvidia hardware as the market share is really low compared to Windows - this is unlikely to change soon. You do not support ATI by choosing such a product, you increase just your own disappointment over those drivers. It is just much more likely that you will more oven boot Windows than you would with Nv hardware just because of the missing features. Most oss ati driver fans boot Win to play games, is that better then?

  6. #136
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    5,411

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kano View Post
    Why is it Nvidia's fault when no other vendor has got a complete opengl stack or the needed extensions to support some wine features? Nobody holds ATI or somebody else back to implement the same extensions. I think you completely reverse the current driver state. What you suggest is to buy hardware that will work maybe in the future correctly, that's absolutely stupid from a practical point of view. Also it is very unlikely that the gfx market is changed even when all Linux gamers/hd movie watchers would buy Nvidia hardware as the market share is really low compared to Windows - this is unlikely to change soon. You do not support ATI by choosing such a product, you increase just your own disappointment over those drivers. It is just much more likely that you will more oven boot Windows than you would with Nv hardware just because of the missing features. Most oss ati driver fans boot Win to play games, is that better then?

    "practical point of view." : drop linux use windows7 ?

    "practical point of view," use blueray and play windows games so is so much easyer on windows....

    "practical point of view." drop openGL and only use directX because its so much easyer only support 1 graphic-technique

    "practical point of view." : Buy Intel cpu's because to have more than 1 company is to much Complicate.

    "practical point of view." drop computers generally play with real womans are so much better!

    "practical point of view." to have practice do not mean have success you can have real practice in sexual with a woman but become aids after that is not an success!

    Windows=cloused source
    Linux=opensource

    nvidia=cloused source
    amd/ati=Opensource

    cloused source=cloused source
    nvidia=windows

    opensource=Opensource
    ati/amd=Linux

    Opensource= success
    Clousedsource=AIDS (means FAIL)

    Nidia=AIDS cloused source is like become AIDS by practice sex!

  7. #137
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    6,626

    Default

    You never use Win for games, do you?

  8. #138
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    75

    Default

    @Quaridarium:

    Seems to me too that you understand it wrong about AMD's opengl stance. I had a look at this page and it made me convinced that AMD/ATI is the enemy of opengl instead of nVidia:

    http://unigine.com/download/

    From that page:


    Unigine heaven known issues:

    [ATI] Alpha-testing is wrong in OpenGL
    [ATI] Depth of field works incorrectly in OpenGL
    [NVIDIA] Low color precision on 7xxx series (I'm not sure if its normal for 7 series)

    Unigine Tropics known issues:

    [ATI] Broken HDR with OpenGL on X1xxx series
    [ATI] No water with OpenGL

    Unigine Sanctuary known issues:

    [ATI] Broken alpha-testing on OpenGL with enabled HDR
    [ATI] Unable to use HDR + antialiasing on OpenGL
    [ATI] Broken stereo 3D mode under MS Windows (?)
    So AMD's bad opengl support is known. Thats why Id software plans for nVidia in their games. Its not surprising that AMD hardware (hd5xxx series) is the first one to have DirectX11 support. With generous help from microsoft of course .

    And for the future of opengl I think it's far from dying. I've been in web development for 4 years now I can say the future of web is 3d and vectoral 2d (thats why I consider switching to GL programming). And every major GFX acceleration done on the web depends on opengl (webGL, flash) because you simply can't make a web page platform dependent.
    DirectX is only for games and some proprietary media content and I've to admit that its quite a good API as my eyes and experience tell me but its simply stuck in games. You can use opengl in your Iphone to your workstation in your lab. It has much wider usage in industry (CAD/CAM, health etc.)
    Last edited by barbarbaron; 12-26-2009 at 07:55 AM.

  9. #139
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    5,411

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kano View Post
    You never use Win for games, do you?
    long time ago.. on my pc right now there is no windows...

  10. #140
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    5,411

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by barbarbaron View Post
    @Quaridarium:

    Seems to me too that you understand it wrong about AMD's opengl stance. I had a look at this page and it made me convinced that AMD/ATI is the enemy of opengl instead of nVidia:

    http://unigine.com/download/

    From that page:




    So AMD's bad opengl support is known. Thats why Id software plans for nVidia in their games. Its not surprising that AMD hardware (hd5xxx series) is the first one to have DirectX11 support. With generous help from microsoft of course .

    And for the future of opengl I think it's far from dying. I've been in web development for 4 years now I can say the future of web is 3d and vectoral 2d (thats why I consider switching to GL programming). And every major GFX acceleration done on the web depends on opengl (webGL, flash) because you simply can't make a web page platform dependent.
    DirectX is only for games and some proprietary media content and I've to admit that its quite a good API as my eyes and experience tell me but its simply stuck in games. You can use opengl in your Iphone to your workstation in your lab. It has much wider usage in industry (CAD/CAM, health etc.)


    Unigine Tropics known issues:
    "[ATI] No water with OpenGL"

    i think this bug is old because i test this right now on catalyst 9.12 and i have water!!!!!
    not a bug anymore---
    if you want i can make a screen-shot!

    Unigine Tropics known issues:
    "[ATI] Broken HDR with OpenGL on X1xxx series"

    X1xxx is dropet on the fglrx side doped means thats not a bug its just droped.


    Unigine Sanctuary known issues:
    [ATI] Broken alpha-testing on OpenGL with enabled HDR

    i start the test enable hdr and??? i can't see the bug sorry.

    Unigine Sanctuary known issues:
    [ATI] Unable to use HDR + antialiasing on OpenGL

    ok this does not work....

    [ATI] Broken stereo 3D mode under MS Windows (?)

    stereo is broken on linux to!




    Unigine heaven known issues:
    [ATI] Alpha-testing is wrong in OpenGL
    [ATI] Depth of field works incorrectly in OpenGL

    sorry i can't test this right now because there is no linux version to download..



    "So AMD's bad opengl support is known"

    support means.. if you find a bug they fix it!.. (in the future)

    the games use nvidia-only-extansions amd can't fix that!

    its not 'support' if amd breaks the law and stole nvidia-only-extansions...


    "And for the future of opengl I think it's far from dying."

    you are wrong.. there are Tons of DirectX10 games but no one with OpenGL3!

    "It has much wider usage in industry (CAD/CAM, etc.)"

    the openGL cad/cam industrie is dieing! only old software based on openGL..

    the most of new cad software based on directX! because on openGL you need fireGL/Quatro grafik cards and if you use a DirectX based one you can get the cheapest one ever... DirectX-based-cad software wins on the "price"

    on the DirectX side 100 for windows 300 for a HD5850 means on the openGL side 0 for linux 1500 for an outdatet 4890 based FireGL card...

    and the 5850 is faster to....

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •