Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 48

Thread: A Video To Show Off X.Org's Multi-Touch Support

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    14,351

    Default A Video To Show Off X.Org's Multi-Touch Support

    Phoronix: A Video To Show Off X.Org's Multi-Touch Support

    Back in June we shared a nifty video that was produced by the French-based ENAC Interactive Computing Lab that showed off some multi-touch capabilities on Linux. At that time and in the video they were using the Linux kernel and then recognizing gestures from input events and then sending specialized commands over D-Bus straight into Compiz...

    http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=NzgyNg

  2. #2

    Default

    HTML5 video, please?

  3. #3
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    598

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by thefirstm View Post
    HTML5 video, please?
    Use Google Chrome and install this Chrome extension

    https://chrome.google.com/extensions...gplihnenhgeipf

    it makes all youtube videos to html5.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    99

    Default Google Chrome Is A Disgrace

    Quote Originally Posted by Louise View Post
    Use Google Chrome and install this Chrome extension

    https://chrome.google.com/extensions...gplihnenhgeipf

    it makes all youtube videos to html5.
    While I agree that youtube is pants, Google Chrome is even worse. I cannot believe a linux user is seriously advocating Chrome, containing as it does, a plethora of intrusive malware. But don't take my word for it, just hook up wireshark and see what data is being sent out from your computer without your knowledge or consent ...

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    /dev/random
    Posts
    218

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gordboy View Post
    While I agree that youtube is pants, Google Chrome is even worse. I cannot believe a linux user is seriously advocating Chrome, containing as it does, a plethora of intrusive malware. But don't take my word for it, just hook up wireshark and see what data is being sent out from your computer without your knowledge or consent ...
    Chromium only has the same 'tracking' features as Firefox (I'm talking about chromium not chrome).

    Those features are:
    • Getting autocompletion data from google/what-ever-is-you-search-engine
    • Getting lists of malicious sites from google


    Both of which can be disabled.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    2,264

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by thefirstm View Post
    HTML5 video, please?
    Seriously, Phoronix you cover Linux and free software... So for fsck sake use HTML5 ogg video! Come on!

    PS: To get ontopic again: 5 Pointers? Whoa that's sick!
    Last edited by V!NCENT; 12-19-2009 at 12:44 PM.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    73

    Default

    It looks cool but who wants to get finger prints all over the screen?
    I try to avoid touching the screen at all costs.
    How about dual web cams tracking your hand movements? That would be great for a boxing game.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    2,264

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cliff View Post
    It looks cool but who wants to get finger prints all over the screen?
    There are screens that do not 'smudge'.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    254

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cliff View Post
    It looks cool but who wants to get finger prints all over the screen?
    I try to avoid touching the screen at all costs.
    How about dual web cams tracking your hand movements? That would be great for a boxing game.
    I second that

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Hellas
    Posts
    1,027

    Default

    Pfff... Vista2 do this better...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BlSh84IGSBs

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •