Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: NVIDIA Releases 195.30 Linux Beta Driver

The GPU acceleration of RENDER components, does that mean things like Compiz get a performance boost ??

@runrun

you need alsa support for this. i tested a patch and enabled the used pci id, but all i got was an iec mixer setting. i can not test hdmi audio as i do not own a tv/monitor with audio.

Should I upgrade from 190.53? Any performance increase?

Quote Originally Posted by bugmenot View Post
    The GPU acceleration of RENDER components, does that mean things like Compiz get a performance boost ??
    I think compiz should be opengl only/mostly? (and I didn't see any improvements). Things like kwin (w/ RENDER backend) and compositing managers of xfce et al should be faster now.

Oh, and a small heads up to all of you wanting to try this driver, it breaks the coolbits-overclocking with nvclock.

Quote Originally Posted by Kano View Post
    @runrun

you need alsa support for this. i tested a patch and enabled the used pci id, but all i got was an iec mixer setting. i can not test hdmi audio as i do not own a tv/monitor with audio.
    I'm not the most experienced linux user, could you link me to somewhere that would allow me to test myself?
    Googling around, it seems that there's a lot of people in my situation, looking/waiting for this support. I haven't yet seen anyone that has had success getting audio through these new cards.

That's very easy, http://kanotix.com left side there are live images with that kernel patch.

This driver has killed VDPAU support on my Quadro NVS135M GPU. All I get now is green blocks moving around the screen (it used to work correctly before).

Bah, I say.