Thread: Wine OGL todo list for the opensource driver

Quote Originally Posted by Qaridarium View Post
    Already supported in the r300 and r600 3D drivers.

I don't think mesa supports this extension yet which is required to add hardware support.

Already supported in the r600 3D driver. Not supported directly by r3xx-r5xx hardware, but could be done with render to vertex buffer step.

Quote Originally Posted by agd5f View Post
    I don't think mesa supports this extension yet which is required to add hardware support.
    Already supported in the r600 3D driver. Not supported directly by r3xx-r5xx hardware, but could be done with render to vertex buffer step.

"Already supported in the r300 and r600 3D drivers."

really nice

"I don't think mesa supports this extension yet which is required to add hardware support."

i don't understand this sorry...

"Not supported directly by r3xx-r5xx hardware, but could be done with render to vertex buffer step."

for me isn't a problem i only use R600+ hardware do play games

"I don't think mesa supports this extension yet which is required to add hardware support."

i don't understand this sorry...
    All free software OpenGL drivers (ab)use the The Mesa 3D Graphics Library to do the rendering. What the driver actually does is to hardware accelerate Mesa. If there is no hardware acceleration then Mesa will fallback to software rendering and still draw the OpenGL even though hardware acceleration is not implemented for your graphics card technology. Official homepage story is:

"Mesa is an open-source implementation of the OpenGL specification - a system for rendering interactive 3D graphics.

A variety of device drivers allows Mesa to be used in many different environments ranging from software emulation to complete hardware acceleration for modern GPUs."