I updated to the newest 2.4b1 image from the phorogit last night... then rebuilt everything and ran.
I have an ATI 5870 and a dual display with the main display being 1920x1080. I disabled the secondary monitor and set the main monitor to 1280x1024... then ran universe-x and uploaded the results. OOPS... I didn't notice that most of the tests didn't run.
I reset the display to 1920x1080 and re-ran. Everything ran that should have run... all at the 1920x1080. (I uploaded those results also... they are not bad... I'm using 9.12hotfix catalyst.)
Then I reset it to 1280x1024 and re-ran gaming-free... verified that it failed...
So then I did a "system-info" and Phoronix told me I had a 1920x1080 screen even though I had specifically set the screen to 1280x1024 for the test. Apparently system-info is now reading the native monitor resolution and not the current screen resolution. (At least that is what I'm guessing.)
SIDE NOTE: I also noticed that vdrift ran in a window for the first test iteration. Then it ran full screen for the rest of the iterations.
BTW: Things are looking very good in Phoronix! Thanks for the hard work! Can't wait to try some windows tests.
Phodevi, the Phoronix Device Interface, may be caching your screen resolution data until a reboot is made since it's assuming not many people end up changing their screen resolution in between runs. The NO_PHODEVI_CACHE environmental variable will block Phodevi from using any cached values.