Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: IBM's Bob Sutor Questions Linux Gaming

Hybrid View

Default IBM's Bob Sutor Questions Linux Gaming

Phoronix: IBM's Bob Sutor Questions Linux Gaming

Bob Sutor, who has served at IBM in one position or another since 1982 but currently holds the title of VP of Open Source and Linux after serving as the VP of Open Source and Standards, has decided to share his thoughts on Linux gaming. Dr...

http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=Nzg5NQ

Yet another "best games in linux" list which hasn't really changed in 5+ years.

Quote Originally Posted by deanjo View Post
    Yet another "best games in linux" list which hasn't really changed in 5+ years.
    Yes and this is sad. I still prefer about ten year old games, but some new titles on Linux should attract more people.

Quote Originally Posted by kraftman View Post
    Yes and this is sad. I still prefer about ten year old games, but some new titles on Linux should attract more people.
    Hell some of the "top games" don't even have a host anymore and are waiting for someone to collect the code and move it to another host but nobody has claimed it.

http://foobillard.sunsite.dk/

Quote Originally Posted by deanjo View Post
    Hell some of the "top games" don't even have a host anymore and are waiting for someone to collect the code and move it to another host but nobody has claimed it.

http://foobillard.sunsite.dk/
    Why don't you do something productive...like snag a copy from one of the distros' "original" source file sets of 3.0a and move it over to Google Code, Berlios, or SourceForge...before I do it...

Quote Originally Posted by kraftman View Post
    I suppose maybe few people will be interested in this game.
    Think again: http://www.moddb.com/mods/goldeneye-source
    PS: According to the voting, GoldenEye:Source now ranks 2 out of 11,045 mods. Moddb is a website that tracks mods from every platform (including consoles) for almost every game out there.

One year later I played Unreal and it doesn't look Goldeneye is better.
    Not only did UT bring nothing, yes nothing, new to the table (with the minor exception of second fire, het hey... GoldenEye 007 featured dual wielding with different weapons so who cares?), GoldenEye 007 is featured right next to Doom in all the populair "Greatest (FPS) games of all times" lists. It sold more than 8 million copies. You realy need to have played this game before judging it, realy.
    Last edited by V!NCENT; 01-22-2010 at 07:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Svartalf View Post
    Why don't you do something productive...like snag a copy from one of the distros' "original" source file sets of 3.0a and move it over to Google Code, Berlios, or SourceForge...before I do it...
    Not my project, not my responsibility. Besides adding another dead project to Google Code, Berlios or Sourceforge would be going against my #1 beef with those sites.

Linux needs new titles which will be shipped simultaneously with the windows version in order to attract new players.

Quote Originally Posted by Apopas View Post
    Linux needs new titles which will be shipped simultaneously with the windows version in order to attract new players.
    Prereleased AAA on linux would be ideal, linux version today, windows and consoles a few months later. But alas that ain't gonna happen.

His list is missing World of Goo.