Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Initial Open ATI Evergreen Support By FOSDEM?

Hybrid View

Default Initial Open ATI Evergreen Support By FOSDEM?

Phoronix: Initial Open ATI Evergreen Support By FOSDEM?

In the comments area to the recent X.Org Talks For FOSDEM 2010 Still Missing posting, AMD's John Bridgman basically stated that there would be no talk on their open-source ATI driver progress as it's becoming predictable (and there's also a decreased travel budget), but his second comment was more interesting. "I'm kinda hoping we can have initial (display + shadowfb) Evergreen support out by FOSDEM...

http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=Nzg5OA

R800 support will probably go much faster than any other, as CTRL+C CTRL+V is now possible

yeah, most of what I'd call "infrastructure" is already available

please please please !

talking about Evergreen Support: fglrx/catalyst currently doesn't look too bad: you can even run it with 2.6.33-rc* kernels

Quote Originally Posted by kernelOfTruth View Post
    yeah, most of what I'd call "infrastructure" is already available

please please please !

talking about Evergreen Support: fglrx/catalyst currently doesn't look too bad: you can even run it with 2.6.33-rc* kernels
    you need catalyst 10.3 for the same performance in Desktop using again radeon....

Quote Originally Posted by Louise View Post
    R800 support will probably go much faster than any other, as CTRL+C CTRL+V is now possible
    If i understand that correctly, it's supposed that the different hardware generations use the same architecture for the basic functionality. Sounds okay. I wildly guess that the real deal is the opengl/3d part and the video acceleration.

The HD5670 I bought for my home system showed up on the UPS truck today, so I'm motivated

All I'm waiting for now is the 3.5G cellular internet hub so I can actually access the internet from my Linux box, and I'm all set.
    Last edited by bridgman; 01-22-2010 at 10:59 PM.

Cool, I'm looking forward to your commits!

Quote Originally Posted by bridgman View Post
    The HD5670 I bought for my home system showed up on the UPS truck today, so I'm motivated

All I'm waiting for now is the 3.5G cellular internet hub so I can actually access the internet from my Linux box, and I'm all set.
    wow nice :-) "3,5g cellular internet hub," router.. nice..

mobile internet for home use.. nice fix for your '24k modem' problem

i'm happy to see you dropping Vista for Internet using. (format c: is the only useful function in windows)

now you can install debian/sid or ubuntu 10.04 alpfa and apt-get dist-upgrade every day :-)

and you can now install xorg-edgers 'xorg crack pushers'

"Packages for those who think development versions, experimental and unstable are for old ladies. We want our crack straight from upstream git! Well, straight, we want it built and packaged so we don't need to know what we're doing, except that we will break our X and put our computers on fire."
    Last edited by Qaridarium; 01-23-2010 at 03:38 PM.

Does anybody have the documentation concerning modesetting for the Evergreen series?

Quote Originally Posted by bridgman View Post
    That's really good to hear, John. I shudder when I think of dial-up networking (especially with less than stellar rural phone lines).