Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: NVIDIA To Enhance Its X Render Support?

Besides those calling for NVIDIA to support an open-source strategy, the only other real issues being brought up in regards to NVIDIA's binary Linux driver in the aforementioned thread have been improved suspend support and proper RandR support, which NVIDIA is working to fix.
    In my opinion, the only real problem with the NVIDIA binary driver from a users perspective, is the maintenance the driver needs to keep working after a minor kernel update; if the driver was installed manually (to get the newest version of course). Well no big deal, just stick to the repost you may think, but sometimes you just want and/or need the newest version..

If you use my nvidia script you get dkms. Then you dont need to worry about minor updates as long as it compiles.

Quote Originally Posted by Kano View Post
    If you use my nvidia script you get dkms. Then you dont need to worry about minor updates as long as it compiles.
    Thanks, I definitely check that out. Though, it would be essential for NVIDIA to consider implementing such features in the driver installation process itself.