Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: KDE SC 4.4 Release Imminent, RC2 Released

Hybrid View

Default KDE SC 4.4 Release Imminent, RC2 Released

Phoronix: KDE SC 4.4 Release Imminent, RC2 Released

Version 4.4 of the KDE Software Compilation is due out in two weeks and sticking with its release schedule, the final development build has now been put out. KDE Software Compilation 4.4 Release Candidate 2 is this final build and it brings various fixes and enhancements since KDE SC 4.4 RC1 earlier this month. Important advancements in KDE SC 4.4 include Nepomuk Semantic Search, polishing of the Plasma Desktop, new KDE applications, and developer framework improvements...

http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=NzkyMw

Great to see the final version is coming soon. Btw. If you're comparing so many things why not to make some desktop environments comparison one day? :> You know, features, look, customization options, usability, applications, techs used etc.

Quote Originally Posted by kraftman View Post
    Great to see the final version is coming soon. Btw. If you're comparing so many things why not to make some desktop environments comparison one day? :> You know, features, look, customization options, usability, applications, techs used etc.
    Are you crazy? You really want to show how bad GNOME is?

KDE SC 4.4 is totally awesome but don't try Kubuntu Lucid dailys if you want to have a look on it... they're horribly broken still.

Working perfectly on openSuSE 11.2 :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Koorac View Post
    Ditto. It's to bad people insist on judging it with Kubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by d2kx View Post
    KDE SC 4.4 is totally awesome but don't try Kubuntu Lucid dailys if you want to have a look on it... they're horribly broken still.
    You never try Kubuntu period if you want to see what KDE is like. Buggy, quirky, inconsistant quality. They're the new Mandrake Linux.

Quote Originally Posted by some-guy View Post
    All of them, DE's suck.

Standalone compiz is the best.
    Last edited by Joe Sixpack; 01-25-2010 at 09:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bulletxt View Post
    Are you crazy? You really want to show how bad GNOME is?
    Just to enhance awareness among some people - Linux newbies, Ubunters etc.

@D2kx

I thought about trying it, but I'm using Karmic right now and I assume it will be the same.

@Koorac

It seems it's the time to switch.

Quote Originally Posted by kraftman View Post
    Just to enhance awareness among some people - Linux newbies, Ubunters etc.

@D2kx

I thought about trying it, but I'm using Karmic right now and I assume it will be the same.
    Yea, you could say that sentance to Torvalds since he also expressed a similar thing towards gnome. I'de rather use Windows Visa/7 UI instead of GNOME.

How can you even ask for a comparison between the DE? Between GNOME, kde4, Mac UI and Windows 7 UI, guess who's going to lose?

It's like asking Michael to compare ATI vs NVIDIA drivers.

Quote Originally Posted by bulletxt View Post
    How can you even ask for a comparison between the DE? Between GNOME, kde4, Mac UI and Windows 7 UI, guess who's going to lose?
    I'm not asking for benchmarks I'd love to see KDE, Gnome and XFCE compared to each other. Without winners or losers