Page 15 of 24 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Radeon Gallium on ubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by zand View Post
    To switch to gallium, try to install "gallium" pack from the edgers PPA.
    Well, there is no package called gallium in the PPAs. There is only the libgl1-mesa-dri-gallium, which I have already installed.

Quote Originally Posted by Melf View Post
    Well, there is no package called gallium in the PPAs. There is only the libgl1-mesa-dri-gallium, which I have already installed.
    I experienced the same trying nouveau from xorg-edgers. My solution was to set LD_LIBRARY_PATH to the correct gallium dir (can't remember which, but you can find it easily listing the content of package libgl1-mesa-dri-gallium).

Thanks for pointing to LD_LIBRARY_PATH, it looks like I found where the problem was

There was some ancient fglrx script still included in /etc/profile, which was probably messing with LD_LIBRARY_PATH. After removing it, gallium is used even without explicitly setting LD_LIBRARY_PATH.

Results ?
    About 200 more FPS from i-know-its-not-a-benchmark-glxgears (900 vs 700) and 3d apps seem to be snappier.
    I havent tried video yet, should I expect some improvements under gallium ?
    Othervise no artifacts so far.

I think there isn't much work done on the video acceleration, we've been concentrating solely on the 3D area.

under r300h, glknots shows break ups in it surface and bad lighting effect.

Since about a week ago Compiz is not working with r300g. When I run compiz --replace it falls back to Metacity. I can't find any error logs or anything. It still works on r300c.

I have been using the xorg-edgers ppa. I used to compile it myself from the git repo which I also tried and it does the same thing.

Since upgrading from 20100523 (fa552261) to 20100528 (f4bcd0ca) lugaru locks the machine up solidly, pretty much as soon as the rabbit starts to move. Anyone else seeing this? (I am using lucid + "radeon gallium" PPA on RV410)

Any educated guess on which commit could have caused this? I can do some bisecting, but the full machine reset cycle makes it a pain.

Quote Originally Posted by rob2687 View Post
    Since about a week ago Compiz is not working with r300g. When I run compiz --replace it falls back to Metacity. I can't find any error logs or anything. It still works on r300c.

I have been using the xorg-edgers ppa. I used to compile it myself from the git repo which I also tried and it does the same thing.
    I suppose it's been fixed with this commit:
    http://cgit.freedesktop.org/mesa/mes...69ce13272bc120

Quote Originally Posted by tormod View Post
    Since upgrading from 20100523 (fa552261) to 20100528 (f4bcd0ca) lugaru locks the machine up solidly, pretty much as soon as the rabbit starts to move. Anyone else seeing this? (I am using lucid + "radeon gallium" PPA on RV410)

Any educated guess on which commit could have caused this? I can do some bisecting, but the full machine reset cycle makes it a pain.
    I'll test Lugaru soon...

Quote Originally Posted by tormod View Post
    Since upgrading from 20100523 (fa552261) to 20100528 (f4bcd0ca) lugaru locks the machine up solidly
    It is not confined to lugaro, also some compiz effects (the window switcher on super-tab) can trigger this.

Could you please file a bug?