Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Catalyst 10.1 Still Trash In Heaven, But Good News

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Sixpack View Post
    If what you say is true, then I suspect the GPU landscape is about to change significantly. ATI's DirectX 11 cards have been on the market for almost 5 months now, while nvidia's performance line doesn't even support DirectX 10.1. Does this mean the next generation of games will be designed to work with ATI's gray areas? That could be huge, especially considering ATI already holds the power efficiency crown with the HD 5850.

Interesting.
    Very very interesting... The fact that ATI could be a head by a large margin would turn the tables for them...

Quote Originally Posted by deanjo View Post
    I hope your right for AMD's sake, however AMD/ATI in the past has had "the million dollar move with a ten cent finish".
    ""the million dollar move with a ten cent finish". "

haha nice... yes

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Sixpack View Post
    If what you say is true, then I suspect the GPU landscape is about to change significantly. ATI's DirectX 11 cards have been on the market for almost 5 months now, while nvidia's performance line doesn't even support DirectX 10.1. Does this mean the next generation of games will be designed to work with ATI's gray areas? That could be huge, especially considering ATI already holds the power efficiency crown with the HD 5850.

Interesting.
    It's not as if this hasn't happened before. Ati was the first one with DX9a hardware out and many games were built with that hardware in mind. Of course, it didn't help that Nvidia's late FX series was architecturally unsuitable to DX9 shaders, to the point that Half-Life 2 fell back to DX8.1 on such cards.