Thread: Irrlicht 1.7 Released With Many New Features

Default Irrlicht 1.7 Released With Many New Features

Phoronix: Irrlicht 1.7 Released With Many New Features

Version 1.7 of the Irrlicht Engine has been released. For those unfamiliar with Irrlicht, it's an open-source, real-time 3D engine that has OpenGL support as well as its own software renderer...

http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=Nzk2NA

It is being used for the SuperTuxKart rewrite that is worked on right now (v0.7, Alpha 1 avaible for testing). Nice little engine it seems

I used the Irrlicht engine to visualize various schedulers a few years ago. It is really fun to work with and since it does not have so much dependencies as e.g. Ogre, you have it up and running in practically no time. :-)
    Btw. IrrKlang is a really nice library as well \(^_^)/

i used it to load my csg maps. I think maybe an aspect of it should be included in PTS, particularly in regards to shaders.

Btw. IrrKlang is a really nice library as well \(^_^)/
    The shame of it is that there's only X86 Linux support. If they'd do ARM as well, it'd be what I used in Caster. Had to resort to vastly less optimal stuff (Though I've got what might be an answer for the upcoming 2.0 version, covering the second chapter of the game, soon...) as I'm aiming for ARM Linux support for BeagleBoard, Pandora, and other targets in that class (Palm Pre or Nokia 900 for example...).