Thread: Wine 1.1.39 Brings More Fixes, Improvements

Default Wine 1.1.39 Brings More Fixes, Improvements

Phoronix: Wine 1.1.39 Brings More Fixes, Improvements

Two weeks have passed since the release of Wine 1.1.38 and so now the 1.1.39 release is available to provide more fixes and improvements. This bi-weekly development update delivers on support for registry symbolic links, many MSI fixes, build process improvements, MSXML clean-ups and fixes, many MSHTML improvements, and various bug-fixes.The Wine 1.1.39 release announcement with change-log is to be found at WineHQ.org...

http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=Nzk5OQ

Phoronix being such an ATi fanboy and not mentioning this release officially recognises open source radeon drivers? weird.

dlls/wined3d/directx.c
    Code:
    if (strstr(gl_vendor, "Mesa")
        strstr(gl_vendor, "Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.")

Quote Originally Posted by cruiseoveride View Post
    Phoronix being such an ATi fanboy and not mentioning this release officially recognises open source radeon drivers? weird.

dlls/wined3d/directx.c
    Code:
    With as many posts as you have I figured you'd be smart enough know that phoronix hates ATI. They take cheapshots at ATI (especially fglrx) every chance they get - even if it's slightly off topic. Every time fglrx fixes a new bug or introduces a new feature Michael spends 1\4 of the post discussing it, 1\4 complaining about how long it took, and 1\2 reminding everyone what's still missing and how far behind Nvidia they are.

Wake up Joe, everyone hates fglrx.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Sixpack View Post
    With as many posts as you have I figured you'd be smart enough know that phoronix hates ATI. They take cheapshots at ATI (especially fglrx) every chance they get - even if it's slightly off topic. Every time fglrx fixes a new bug or introduces a new feature Michael spends 1\4 of the post discussing it, 1\4 complaining about how long it took, and 1\2 reminding everyone what's still missing and how far behind Nvidia they are.
    Truth hurts sometimes doesn't it?

dlls/wined3d/directx.c
    Code:

Apparently my laptop now has a 8600gts . I don't remember upgrading from the geforce4 mmx440. Laptop has a 200M by the way.
    Maybe it will work for my hd4850 though. WINE detects it as a 7600gt.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Sixpack View Post
    I'm a AMD (not ati) fanboy... and yes its hart dosn't hate FGLRX....

the opensource driver radeon is payed by the AMD(CPU) customers not ati-(GPU)

and the opensource driver AMD(cpu),.. runs much better on my Kubuntu "KDE" in 2D by EXA than the XAA shitty FGLRX...

o yes 10.2 do have new directx2D 2D acceleration but the new one is not yet ready...

Wake up Joe, everyone hates fglrx.
    I didn't say it wasn't justified (sometimes). I'm saying it's hard to claim someone is biased towards ATI when they spend so much time trashing it.

Quote Originally Posted by deanjo View Post
    Truth hurts sometimes doesn't it?
    Not really. I can never relate though, cause none of his gripes ever affect me.

Any idea whether Visual Studio works on this release? I remember it was having several MSI-related issues (maybe they are fixed)?