Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: X.Org & CoreBoot FOSDEM Recordings Available

Default X.Org & CoreBoot FOSDEM Recordings Available

Phoronix: X.Org & CoreBoot FOSDEM Recordings Available

Near the start of this month was the Free and Open-Source Developers' European Meeting (FOSDEM) in Brussels, Belgium. Like previous years, we recorded all of the X.Org talks that were held, but as we recorded in 720p HD this year, the files were larger than anticipated and we had issues hosting them...

http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=ODAxNQ

From 1.3 up to 3.8 GB? Oh please!

Feels like stealing not using bittorrent.
    Any chance of a torrent file instead?

Any chance of uploading these files on Youtube or some other streaming service, split into parts where necessary to fit into service limits?

What's the license on this files? I'm just interested because if it was something like cc-by-sa people could download and then upload them to video-streaming-sites themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Zhick View Post
    What's the license on this files? I'm just interested because if it was something like cc-by-sa people could download and then upload them to video-streaming-sites themselves.
    As long as "Phoronix.com" is mentioned in the title or description on the video streaming site, I am fine with that.

Great, thanks.

So the other two coreboot talks and the two flashrom talks are still being uploaded?

GIGS!!! you're performance guys, TRUNCATE! You have enough source data that a lossy codec shouldn't hurt the quality much at all. you could also SEGMENT it so as to fit it on a youtube. Wasn't there once a site for hosting linux videos? its where the "Your Linux is ready" advertisement was put. Where did that go?

When I can get my hands on the files, I will transcode them and create a torrent for everyone.

I'm sorry if I will seem as ungrateful but
    I've just downloaded xorg-daniel-stone.mp4 (1.9 GB).
    It's useless. Having just the audio would have the same effect.
    The "camera work" is like a poor bootlegged movie filmed in a movie theater from a bad angle/position.
    Also I've just re-encoded it to just 30 MB (448x252 avi). Even if you just re-encoded them at the same resolution you will get big size reduction because you have almost no motion (the movie is almost a still picture).