Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: KDE Software Compilation 4.4.1 Released

Quote Originally Posted by bulletxt View Post
    It's kdesudo with systems using "sudo" and not kdesu. Special character issue? Are you using NVIDIA binary drivers by chance?
    Nope, kdesu is the official program even if you're using sudo. kdesudo is some third-party software.

Quote Originally Posted by makomk View Post
    Nope, kdesu is the official program even if you're using sudo. kdesudo is some third-party software.
    KdeSudo is a graphical frontend to the sudo command.

Kdesu is a graphical front end for the su command.

One is for su, one is for sudo.

In either case, I'm curious to know what's "official" for you. It's not a Microsoft product. There isn't anything official here.

In either case, I'm curious to know what's "official" for you. It's not a Microsoft product. There isn't anything official here.
    Hehe, so true! It could be anything...

The KDE Software Compilation is a set of programs released by the KDE project. kdesu is official, because it's released by KDE as part of the Software Compilation: http://techbase.kde.org/Projects/kdesu

KdeSudo is neither developed, nor endorsed by the KDE project. It's 3rd party software: http://www.kde-apps.org/content/show...?content=72106

Ok now I'm trying to understand if you are somehow trying to say that Kdesu is better than Kdesudo because it's the official kde one. I still don't get your point.