Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: NVIDIA Recalls Linux Drivers Over Fan Speed Bug

WHQL only means 'this driver will not kill windows or other drivers with WHQL certification'. There is no guarantee that it works.

oh and:
    [nelson] HA HA [/nelson]

Quote Originally Posted by lolren View Post
    Sure, they dont give out specs and docs, but at least they have a working binary driver, does amd have one? and stop complaining about the evil driver killing GPU`s!!! does somebody`s GPU "Went to a better place" because of the driver??? Dont forget, it was Nvidia Binary driver that made posible compiz, wine..... and so.I have an nvidia and wait everyday for Nouveau, but, the truth is that nouveau is not coming with decent OGL for a long time. Til then, go "Nvidia Binary Blob" thingy)
    yes, there are enough reports of dead cards because of this driver.

So.. what do you choose? A driver that works good enough or a driver that will destroy your hardware?

Glad I'm not a gamer and my Nvidia card is passively cooled (I did install those drivers..). No jet engine noise, no problems with ball bearings going to hell in those utterly crappy GPU fans, and no problems with the fans not running at all because someone fscked up some driver code.

How come there isn't some built in protection in the hardware itself, when heat reaches hellish levels ?

Quote Originally Posted by oyvind View Post
    How come there isn't some built in protection in the hardware itself, when heat reaches hellish levels ?
    They do, which is why almost all of the reports are, "My game is slow!" and not, "My GPU burned up!"

Quote Originally Posted by Xemanth View Post
    What card do you have?
    i have a hd4670 1gb vram from HIS http://geizhals.at/a472910.html