Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Heroes of Newearth

Quote Originally Posted by Zhick View Post
    Since a few days/commits my HoN-screen remains completely black with r300g. Is anyone experiencing the same? I'd like to bisect this, but I'd like to make sure it's a real bug before doing so because I've got no idea when the last good revision was, so it'd be quite tedious.
    We don't know about this regression, feel free to bisect and file a bug.

Oh well apparently this wasn't related to changes in mesa at all. I still get a black screen with mesa from over a month ago. So it's apparently something different that's broken HoN for me... maybe a HoN update?
    Is there no one else on this forum who's using r300g to play HoN? :<

Still works fine here. I am using the xorg-edgers ppa.

Ah, I got it. It was libtxc_dxtn.so which was causing this. When it's installed HoN appears to try and use it, which obviously fails (no big surprise there, as libtxc_dxtn.so is really ancient and unmaintained). After removing the library HoN is working fine again.

I think there's a bug somewhere. It's only happened to me twice before but the game will crash and when I try to run it again it will seg fault. It's pretty rare and it doesn't work until I reboot.

Quote Originally Posted by rob2687 View Post
    I think there's a bug somewhere. It's only happened to me twice before but the game will crash and when I try to run it again it will seg fault. It's pretty rare and it doesn't work until I reboot.
    Is there anything in dmesg? This seems to be a page allocation failure.

This issues with r300g sounds familiar to me, problem with libtxc_dxtn.so is probably this bug: https://bugs.freedesktop.org/show_bug.cgi?id=28459 , fixed some time ago, there is a patch but I'm not sure in which kernel version it was committed. And problem with crash could be this one: https://bugs.freedesktop.org/show_bug.cgi?id=28443 . (this also works fine with newest kernels). I'm now playing HoN with 2.6.35-rc2 with patch from bug 28459 and I haven't experienced any problems so far (except quite low framereate sometimes and ugly graphic compared to my nvidia machine).

I looked through some logs and there doesn't look like much to go on.
    Here's what I found in the kern.log

Jun 27 21:51:53 robert-desktop kernel: [ 4825.129793] hon-x86[5918]: segfault at 1c ip 0733261b sp bfb26f30 error 4 in vid_gl2-x86.so[72b0000+102000]