Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: I want to help!

Quote Originally Posted by DuSTman View Post
    Yeah, that's the one.

On the subject, I wonder if anyone's looking to hire another developer for the open drivers? My current contract expires in three months, after which I'll be looking for a job, and I'd be quite interested in working on the drivers full time.
    i think the users need a paypal button...

for exampel i buy crossover support to support wine and i report wine bugs into the crossover bugtrager system...

crossover also have a money list for features for exampel i put 60 into it for ARMA2 wine support....

other exampel i buy a hd5750 for 100 if amd hires you ;-)

Can't you ask Red Hat? Or were you privately funded?

Well, my current employment is unrelated. I've been poking around with the drivers for a bit in my spare time, but haven't really had the time due to uni work to accomplish much with it. Was really just posting here in the offchance either AMD or redhat felt they could use another man.

I don't know about AMD, but I read something about employement under the getting involved section on the Fedora website. Something along the lines of significant that had to be done in the past... Check it out

Finding work hacking on X doesn't seem hard: http://lists.x.org/archives/xorg/201...ry/049165.html

But I guess this means first starting to contribute and making a name for yourself, not the other way around.

Quote Originally Posted by whizse View Post
    Finding work hacking on X doesn't seem hard: http://lists.x.org/archives/xorg/201...ry/049165.html

But I guess this means first starting to contribute and making a name for yourself, not the other way around.
    You were talking to Dustman, right? Because I sure as hell didn't mention wanting to do that, lol xD

Right, it was in response to DuSTman

Hey now I know what the blit module is for, lol; it's just a 2D engine moving stuff around in the RAM :') xD

BTW, that HowVideoCardsWork doc tells me nothing about shaders

I think that document probably predates shaders. Check out the shader ISA document.