Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Release The Driver, Or Step Aside

Quote Originally Posted by gordboy View Post
    The only way that driver is EVER going to be released is if the developers are shamed into action.
    That's the most clueless comment I've read this year. That kind of pressure is the best way to delay a project further and undermine developers' motivation.

Someone smart would instead involve themself, go over open bugs, make a list of the things that are preventing a stable release, look at ways to fix them and generally be helpful, instead of just being an ass. If you want to do something every month, make yourself useful and maintain a list of open bugs, who's working on them and what's the general consensus on what to do with them.

Seems like the bug is fixed.

Lol, I saw the tags only now.

OMG...

Dude you are demanding that people, who do not get paid, that make a hobby driver and share it with the world for free of fscking charge, hurry up because you, who does absolutely nothing at all for the project but demotivate and irritate it, want to have it ASAP

C'mon man, WHAT THE FSCK are you 'thinking'?!

Well, some developers do get paid, which is good.

If they hand over all the donated hardware and specs, I would be happy to discuss setting up a development group. We would need signing keys for the kernel stuff. And hosting. And ownership of the irc channels.
    You reckon you need all that to hack on the driver? You need ownership of the irc channels?

I don't even know why we're having this discussion in the first place. The only person who seems to be so upset with the release schedule of the driver is gordboy. He's also the one who claimed to be able to get bridgman and the developers fired, saying:

I have contacted their respective employers and demanded action. It is inconceivable that they will be in post this time next week.
    This was over two weeks ago. So much for getting them fired.

Now, perhaps it's time to just ignore gordboy and hope that he goes away.

Adam

Quote Originally Posted by yesterday View Post
    You reckon you need all that to hack on the driver? You need ownership of the irc channels?
    The question was not about hacking the code, it was about completely taking over the entire development were the current devs to "step aside".

Quote Originally Posted by V!NCENT View Post
    OMG...

Dude you are demanding that people, who do not get paid, that make a hobby driver and share it with the world for free of fscking charge, hurry up because you, who does absolutely nothing at all for the project but demotivate and irritate it, want to have it ASAP

C'mon man, WHAT THE FSCK are you 'thinking'?!
    Well actually, some of them do get paid. And it is not exactly a hobby driver either.

What do you do exactly to help the project ? I could ask exactly the same question to lots of people here.

Are you suggesting that the delay in release is down to me ? Am I somehow responsible for the inactions of others ?
    Can one guy moaning about broken delivery promises actually make the whole development process grind to a halt ?

If you're going to contribute to this thread, at least have *some* factual basis to your ranting.

Can one guy moaning about broken delivery promises actually make the whole development process grind to a halt ?
    You actually made a claim along those lines two weeks ago when you insisted that bridgman and the developers would all be without jobs within a week because you complained to their employers.

Adam