Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 47

Thread: GNOME 2.30 Released; Farewell To GNOME 2.xx

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    14,659

    Default GNOME 2.30 Released; Farewell To GNOME 2.xx

    Phoronix: GNOME 2.30 Released; Farewell To GNOME 2.xx

    The GNOME community is very excited today as they have just released version 2.30 of the GNOME Desktop. Besides being another six-month upgrade to this popular Linux desktop that brings evolutionary upgrades, GNOME 2.30 was originally going to become GNOME 3.0, but that was pushed back by six months...

    http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=ODExNQ

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    27

    Default

    Screenshots? Or does this look exactly like the previous 100 releases of GNOME?

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Under the bridge
    Posts
    2,133

    Default Just trollin'...

    Nah, Gnome 2.30 looks like Windows NT 4 with splashes from Mac OS 9. It's an improvement over the previous Windows 98 look, that's for sure.

    Still, kinda surprised this project isn't dead yet. I sense Microsoft's hand at work here, trying to destroy Linux through Novell (or something, not so sure about current tinfoil-hat theories in circulation.)

    Any word on Evolution updates? (Not looking for anything specific, Evolution works more or less great!)

  4. #4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BlackStar View Post
    Nah, Gnome 2.30 looks like Windows NT 4 with splashes from Mac OS 9. It's an improvement over the previous Windows 98 look, that's for sure.
    I'll just ignore the idiocy of judging a project on how its default theme looks, but seriously, when was the last time you looked at a screenshot of any of the three operating systems you mentioned? They are nothing like Gnome... Or are you just a mindless troll?

    Anyway, Clearlooks on the whole looks far more elegant that KDE 4's default theme, even if KDE's desktop is pretty...

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    2,264

    Default

    @sg_13:
    You must be new here

    Everybody knows BlackStar is a veteran troll fir hireb xD

    Even his title post was Just trollin'...

    It was sarcasm though... He is a Gnome user.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Under the bridge
    Posts
    2,133

    Default Gnome is part of the empire of Borg. Consider yourself warned.

    Quote Originally Posted by srg_13 View Post
    I'll just ignore the idiocy of judging a project on how its default theme looks, but seriously, when was the last time you looked at a screenshot of any of the three operating systems you mentioned? They are nothing like Gnome... Or are you just a mindless troll?
    Read and be enlightened.

    The truth is out there.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    248

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by srg_13 View Post
    Anyway, Clearlooks on the whole looks far more elegant that KDE 4's default theme, even if KDE's desktop is pretty...
    You've got to be kidding... If anything Oxygen is the first deafult theme used by any Linux DE that looks good.

    I'm sorry but Clearlooks and the former KDE default Plastik are just ugly.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    985

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MiUNX View Post
    Screenshots? Or does this look exactly like the previous 100 releases of GNOME?



  9. #9
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    125

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by monraaf View Post
    That's Ubuntu. Ubuntu has a custom look and does not represent how default GNOME looks.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    248

    Default

    Not really. I'm actually impressed, because :

    Nautilus features a number of user interface changes including a new split view mode
    http://library.gnome.org/misc/releas...ilus.png.en_GB

    Split View ? Well I know KDE had that LONG time ago, nevertheless it's still nice that gnome will also have it.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •