Thread: Mandriva Linux 2010.1 Beta Arrives

Default Mandriva Linux 2010.1 Beta Arrives

Phoronix: Mandriva Linux 2010.1 Beta Arrives

For those from the Mandriva camp, you'll want to head on over to your favorite mirror to check out the freshly released beta of Mandriva Linux 2010.1. Mandriva 2010.1 Beta 1 is running with GNOME 2.30 that was released just this past week, provides a preview of GNOME Shell for a glimpse of what is coming with GNOME 3.0 later this year, and there is a wealth of other package updates too...

http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=ODEyMg

I always thought Mandriva was a KDE distro

Quote Originally Posted by FireBurn View Post
    I always thought Mandriva was a KDE distro
    Mandriva defaults to KDE's desktop, but other DEs like GNOME are also available.

Installed yesterday and it is working great so far. Looking forward to final version.

Default Poulsbo Support

Word on the street is they have a custom Poulsbo module for new kernels/xorg working. Anyone dropped this on a gimped-netbook? Windows 7 on my Vaio P is breaking my heart

Thumbs down

I just can't believe there is still no support for encrypted root and swap partitions
    Fedora has this feature for years. As well as Ubuntu.

Quote Originally Posted by oneguynick View Post
    Word on the street is they have a custom Poulsbo module for new kernels/xorg working. Anyone dropped this on a gimped-netbook? Windows 7 on my Vaio P is breaking my heart
    Olivier Blin says he's made it work, but hasn't published his patches anywhere yet. MDV's bug report is still open:

https://qa.mandriva.com/show_bug.cgi?id=58322

and their driver package has only Adam Jackson's patch (from my Fedora package), which makes it build but not actually work.