Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Apple mybe kick intel and goes AMD

Quote Originally Posted by Kano View Post
    It must be fun to sell unreleased hardware Do you think only AMD works on new hardware?
    be sure apple don't care abaut here and now.. thats because here and now they sell intel hardware!

be sure apple only care abaut future products!

future products means: 2011 bulldozer+R900

For me thats just a way to get better prices than now from Intel, but maybe they really buy new cpus from AMD, time will tell. Usually AMD is 6 to 12 month late to compete with Intel's top desktop cpus - and mobile they have not even something in that segment yet. So lets see how those wonderful cpus + gpus will perform.

Quote Originally Posted by Kano View Post
    For me thats just a way to get better prices than now from Intel, but maybe they really buy new cpus from AMD, time will tell.
    This is also what I concluded. But still, the Bulldozer architecture is very interesting, on the paper. Intel will have to make serious efforts on their SoC too, and they will. So 2011 will be an interesting year if both match their claims. For now, Intel can still take advantage of their dominant position to maintain their (high) prices, because there is no competitor on that segment, today. I will defintely buy any of which that comes first with decent support on Linux. i.e. choice between Sandy Bridge (+1) or Bulldozer.