Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: KDE Software Compilation 4.4.3 Arrives

Default KDE Software Compilation 4.4.3 Arrives

Phoronix: KDE Software Compilation 4.4.3 Arrives

There's still a few months left before KDE Software Compilation 4.5 will be released, but for the interim there are the usual monthly point releases of the current stable branch. As such, with the start of a new month, KDE Software Compilation 4.4.3 was released this morning...

http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=ODIxNQ

Oh my god, they stole Ubuntu's window maximize/minimize/close buttons and its unified titlebar/menubar appearance!

Quote Originally Posted by RealNC View Post
    Oh my god, they stole Ubuntu's window maximize/minimize/close buttons and its unified titlebar/menubar appearance!
    I'm pretty sure that's supposed to be ironic/sarcastic, but I don't get it.

Quote Originally Posted by RealNC View Post
    Yes. Even Canonical know the power of KDE. Worse is, though, that they stole my time machine! And I told mr. Shuttleworth that this was _not_ how to fix Ubuntu's bug nr.1, damnit!

Default This is great!

Kde sux

KDE 4 is like a project without an end. When is it going to be a finalized final product that we can say grab that!?

I guess I will never touch it again after several horrible experiences with KDE 4

Quote Originally Posted by FunkyRider View Post
    KDE 4 is like a project without an end. When is it going to be a finalized final product that we can say grab that!?

I guess I will never touch it again after several horrible experiences with KDE 4
    That is why you should not be an early adopter.

Anyway, KDE 4 has issues at its conception, but those have been fixed. It is rock solid; I am running KDE 4.4.3 now and my system is great.

Quote Originally Posted by FunkyRider View Post
    *sigh* Better do not touch the wrong distribution again. Some heroes of we always have bleeding edge stuff in here messed it up and put 4.0 that was clearly declared not to be a user release in. Upstream said no but they put. And probably didn't even put it right.

And some smaller bugs you will find everywhere. I'm KDE user since v3 and it works fine for me, even on some weaker machines.
    Of course KDE upstream often adds new features in a first release and then comes later with the fixes so it's often better to wait for a 4.x.1 or so.

Quote Originally Posted by Zhick View Post
    I'm pretty sure that's supposed to be ironic/sarcastic, but I don't get it.
    Then look at the new Ubuntu theme. The maximize/minimize/close buttons look exactly like Oxygen ones.

Then Canonical copied, because KDE had it long before Canonical even announced their new GUI design.