Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: A Detailed Look At The ATI Linux Power Management

Penumbra is not really a demanding game.
    The most demanding game on Linux is probably ET:QW, which is many years old now.

I don't think that the performance will bother many people with the latest generation cards. People running r300 hardware are obviously in a different situation.

Quote Originally Posted by Kano View Post
    The 4550 is what i use for testing xvba - always when i swap it with a 5670 i only see artefacts. Penumbra is not really a demanding game. I like to compare Unigine Heaven Win+Linux - for that i need a hd 5 card. I do not play games on my ati test box, i have got a system with Nv 8800 gts 512 if needed - sadly no gtx 460 (or gts 450).
    and you really think a broken-vram-managment geforce 8800 is better than your 5670??? LOOOOOOOOOOOOL!!!!

only if the game fit exacly into your 'vram' no mb more.

if you play a game like ArmA2 the game is 100X time bigger than your vram or do you have 16gb and more vram?????????

on ARMA2 your geforce 8800 lose because you only will watch ungly helper textures because geting the textures over the PCIe line is to slow!

be sure your 8800 is crap compared to an 5670.

error in the vram managment: http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nvidia-...chermanagement

Quote Originally Posted by Kano View Post
    You use hd 5 with oss driver? That sounds crazy...
    You would rather I run Windows 7 (original OEM install) or fglrx drivers?

That doesn't do much to help advance the OSS ATI drivers now does it

I am happy to run my laptop without acceleration until acceleration is available. I'm interested in power savings at the moment.

I've been very happy with the work going on with OSS drivers, so much as to thank David Airlie for his work, when he was at LCA2010

@Qaridarium

The same G92 chip just shrinked is in a GTS 250 called G92b. That's a DX10 chip with was fast the time i got the card. I do NOT play ArmA2 but it was smooth with GTA4 (just not the highest settings possible due to less than 1024 mb vram). Of course my card is not new, if i would buy a card for the same price it would be a GTX 460 1 GB now. With DX10 a 8800 GTS 512 is of course faster than a HD 5670.