Page 101 of 111 FirstFirst ... 519199100101102103 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,010 of 1105

Thread: It's Official: Valve Releasing Steam, Source Engine For Linux!

Quote Originally Posted by Qaridarium View Post
    yes its a spam bot... be nice to him
    Good work Q. That was post 1000 on this thread You can collect your prize on the front desk.

BTW, is Steam here yet? :P

Quote Originally Posted by devius View Post
    Good work Q. That was post 1000 on this thread You can collect your prize on the front desk.

BTW, is Steam here yet? :P
    It will be here just after Phoronix breakes the Guinesse World Record for the longest thread ever.

Quite a long thread indeed. And my first post! I didn't want to look through it all, but I assume the Portal 2 files and previous discoveries were found.

Did anyone mention Postal 3's Source Engine use and native Linux client? It's been confirmed by Running With Scissors; they and their development partners may have been tasked with helping Valve get Source up to par for Linux (which was rumored that Valve was seeking outside help.. from an unnamed Valve employee here in Seattle).

Quote Originally Posted by SlothLordKarl View Post
    It's been confirmed by Running With Scissors; they and their development partners may have been tasked with helping Valve get Source up to par for Linux (which was rumored that Valve was seeking outside help.. from an unnamed Valve employee here in Seattle).
    I haven't heard anything that indicates that this is "confirmed", although, if I recall correctly Running With Scissors said they will hopefully have a Linux version for Postal III, can you back up this statement?

It's exactly one year now since the Steam Mac client has been released.
    Good time to give up hope? I don't want to.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeplus64 View Post
    I haven't heard anything that indicates that this is "confirmed", although, if I recall correctly Running With Scissors said they will hopefully have a Linux version for Postal III, can you back up this statement?
    Yeah, there hasn't been any official news of it except a Wiki entry and some comments. Unfortunately, I can't really tell you who told me and I know it sounds like B.S (say it if you want), but rest assured it IS going on. Once the client is announced, I'll spill my guts happily. We might get that announcement at the end of the year, but that may be too soon; 2012 will probably be a better year for it.

Quote Originally Posted by entropy View Post
    It's exactly one year now since the Steam Mac client has been released.
    Good time to give up hope?
    Never! May Duke Nukem Forever instill hope in the hearts of the unfaithful.

If today shall be my birthday, then Steam is still on track to be announced in 2011.

Happy Birthday d2kx!! :P

Thank you.