Page 17 of 111 FirstFirst ... 715161718192767 ... LastLast

Thread: It's Official: Valve Releasing Steam, Source Engine For Linux!

I really must set up paypal so I can get the humble deal.

If you want to get all your money raped from you, then be my guest and use PayPal... been there... done that... never ever again!

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonlord View Post
    If you want to get all your money raped from you, then be my guest and use PayPal... been there... done that... never ever again!
    Is it really that bad?
    This is a problem for me with Steam as well - I have no credit card, no method of online payment other than direct bank transfer.

Quote Originally Posted by mirv View Post
    I really must set up paypal so I can get the humble deal.
    I agree, dont use paypal, use google checkout, muuuuuch better

Is it really that bad?
    This is a problem for me with Steam as well - I have no credit card, no method of online payment other than direct bank transfer.
    It's up to you to decide. PayPal stole money from me and I know others they stole money from. I'll never trust 1 dime to them anymore, that's for sure.

PayPal *can* really be a bitch sometimes, but nowadays it works for me (just wouldn't use it to buy 1000+ stuff with it). But you can also use ClickandBuy with Steam AFAIK and it works reliable.

Well if it can be trouble, I'll stay clear of paypal. No sense in risking such things when I don't have to.
    I'll look into things again if steam actually comes to linux.

I don't have a credit card but whenever I must have to use a credit card in order to buy something I do the magic trick.

Luckily there are service on the web that allows you to pay with iDeal (some government covered pay system in the netherlands, europe) to that webservice/company and they will pay on behalf for you the money with a credit card system. It is safe because all banks in my country use it and cover it. So when I pay for something I didn't get I can contact them, they will contact their contacts and check it with some international agency and...

Long story short: I pay a company to pay for me. When they don't pay for me the money will magically return to my account. Banks will simply reverse the transfer.

Whatever else happens is some fsckup up shit for that company. *knock knock*

Just get a prepaid credit card, they sell them just about everywhere. Even the local gas station chain around here sells them.

They work just like normal credit cards.

Is it really that bad?
    Yes. They've done quite a few shifty things in the past. I'm none too happy about Google Checkout either- but they've not done dodgy things to their customers like PayPal's done even in recent times.