Page 55 of 111 FirstFirst ... 545535455565765105 ... LastLast

Thread: It's Official: Valve Releasing Steam, Source Engine For Linux!

Hold on! I'm getting a psychic vision guys!
    *prrrrrrrrrrr*
    Yes...! tmpdir is from the Netherlands. No wait... that has got nothing to do with it... Oh yes! Valve is creating a Steam client!

Maybe you should really stop smocking that weed...

Quote Originally Posted by d2kx View Post
    Guys, if you want to speed up the process, go apply to work at Valve. They are looking for more Linux developers at the moment. All this speculation about why it's still not out is nonsense.
    This thread consists of 14 pages of gossip. Most of us decided on page two to ignore this thread or take part in this gossip for fun.

Don't take it so seriously, were just making fun here

Quote Originally Posted by V!NCENT View Post
    Hold on! I'm getting a psychic vision guys!
    *prrrrrrrrrrr*
    Yes...! tmpdir is from the Netherlands. No wait... that has got nothing to do with it... Oh yes! Valve is creating a Steam client!

(stupid 10 char rule...)

Quote Originally Posted by mirv View Post
    somewhere back in the thread, yes. It's old news, and is probably more about dedicated servers than anything else.
    I know it's a couple of days old but I just wanted to point out that on the job descriptions it states "Port Windows-based games to the Linux platform." they weren't referring to servers.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack45073 View Post
    I know it's a couple of days old but I just wanted to point out that on the job descriptions it states "Port Windows-based games to the Linux platform." they weren't referring to servers.
    And how do you know, if I might ask? The only thing to come out of Valve for Linux are dedicated servers, and there have been notes to that job posting (or others like it) in the past. The bulk of the job description also talks about networking - so it may have nothing to do with actual games at all.

And how do you know, if I might ask?
    Because Michael said so on his blog. And we all know that Michael wouldn't twist the facts to increase page hits and bring in new people that aren't blocking his ads.

Quote Originally Posted by meklu View Post
    It's been debated whether or not Postal III will be on Linux since they closed down their forum and removed every utterance of the word Linux from their website.

Quote Originally Posted by KameZero View Post
    It's been debated whether or not Postal III will be on Linux since they closed down their forum and removed every utterance of the word Linux from their website.
    I thought their forum was shut down as a cost saving move by RWS so they could pour more money into making postal 3 not look like ass.