Page 59 of 111 FirstFirst ... 949575859606169109 ... LastLast

Thread: It's Official: Valve Releasing Steam, Source Engine For Linux!

Ah yes, "stream" available to "linus" users. A great trustworthy source they appear to be...

Quote Originally Posted by mirv View Post
    Ah yes, "stream" available to "linus" users. A great trustworthy source they appear to be...
    Apparently only Torvalds and family gets to use steam... that's rather discriminatory. I call for a boycott!

Quote Originally Posted by yogi_berra View Post
    Apparently only Torvalds and family gets to use steam... that's rather discriminatory. I call for a boycott!
    How can you boycott something that is not available to you in the first place?

Counter Strike:Source runs well enough on Wine for me not to even f-en care anymore... I wish Phoronix would of never of posted this article... I know Michael wouldn't release garbage but this story is starting to rot and smell like it.

This really got my hopes up, now I don't know what to think...

Quote Originally Posted by jmcharron View Post
    Counter Strike:Source runs well enough on Wine for me not to even f-en care anymore... I wish Phoronix would of never of posted this article... I know Michael wouldn't release garbage but this story is starting to rot and smell like it.

This really got my hopes up, now I don't know what to think...
    Well it wouldn't be the first time for Valve to say that they're almost done with something, only to miss their own deadline by a year :')

I realhy think Michael is right, but Valve is just being Valve again so we'll have to just wait it out

Quote Originally Posted by meklu View Post
    ...Steam for Linus Coming Soon
    It's a shame my name isn't Linus.

I wonder what Richard Stallman would say about Steam on GNU/Linux with all the DRM.

his web surfing experience: someone sends him a link via email. He downloads the site with wget and then reads it in emacs.

I am pretty sure he is unable to read any site writing about it, so he can't have anything well founded to say about it. If he even does know about it.

Quote Originally Posted by tux9656 View Post
    I wonder what Richard Stallman would say about Steam on GNU/Linux with all the DRM.
    Possibly not much as long as it doesn't link against any GPL libraries.

Quote Originally Posted by energyman View Post
    his web surfing experience: someone sends him a link via email. He downloads the site with wget and then reads it in emacs.

Isn't this what links/lynx is for?
    I've had to use it several times in the past when my X is broken and it works quite well. In fact, Outlook Web Access works very well on a high res console rotated in portrait mode.