Page 59 of 111 FirstFirst ... 949575859606169109 ... LastLast
Results 581 to 590 of 1105

Thread: It's Official: Valve Releasing Steam, Source Engine For Linux!

  1. #581
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    912

    Default

    Ah yes, "stream" available to "linus" users. A great trustworthy source they appear to be...

  2. #582
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    884

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mirv View Post
    Ah yes, "stream" available to "linus" users. A great trustworthy source they appear to be...
    Apparently only Torvalds and family gets to use steam... that's rather discriminatory. I call for a boycott!

  3. #583
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    2,264

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by yogi_berra View Post
    Apparently only Torvalds and family gets to use steam... that's rather discriminatory. I call for a boycott!
    How can you boycott something that is not available to you in the first place?

  4. #584
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Tallahassee. FL
    Posts
    127

    Default

    Counter Strike:Source runs well enough on Wine for me not to even f-en care anymore... I wish Phoronix would of never of posted this article... I know Michael wouldn't release garbage but this story is starting to rot and smell like it.

    This really got my hopes up, now I don't know what to think...

  5. #585
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    2,264

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jmcharron View Post
    Counter Strike:Source runs well enough on Wine for me not to even f-en care anymore... I wish Phoronix would of never of posted this article... I know Michael wouldn't release garbage but this story is starting to rot and smell like it.

    This really got my hopes up, now I don't know what to think...
    Well it wouldn't be the first time for Valve to say that they're almost done with something, only to miss their own deadline by a year :')

    I realhy think Michael is right, but Valve is just being Valve again so we'll have to just wait it out

  6. #586
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    138

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by meklu View Post
    ...Steam for Linus Coming Soon
    It's a shame my name isn't Linus.

  7. #587
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Milky Way Galaxy
    Posts
    18

    Default

    I wonder what Richard Stallman would say about Steam on GNU/Linux with all the DRM.

  8. #588
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    1,725

    Default

    his web surfing experience: someone sends him a link via email. He downloads the site with wget and then reads it in emacs.

    I am pretty sure he is unable to read any site writing about it, so he can't have anything well founded to say about it. If he even does know about it.

  9. #589
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    1,578

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tux9656 View Post
    I wonder what Richard Stallman would say about Steam on GNU/Linux with all the DRM.
    Possibly not much as long as it doesn't link against any GPL libraries.

  10. #590
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    21

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by energyman View Post
    his web surfing experience: someone sends him a link via email. He downloads the site with wget and then reads it in emacs.

    Isn't this what links/lynx is for?
    I've had to use it several times in the past when my X is broken and it works quite well. In fact, Outlook Web Access works very well on a high res console rotated in portrait mode.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •