Just for your information, today I have updated the Debian packaging:
$ head tags/10-4-2/debian/changelog -n 12
fglrx-driver (1:10-4-2) unstable; urgency=low
* The fglrx-driver package conflicts against the nvidia-glx package.
* Fix a few typos in the long descriptions.
* Update to the new fglrx 10-4 release. AMD silently updated the original
tarball. This patch adds support for new cards.
* Speed up package building by adding --ignore options in debian/rules.
* Add patch 06-build-with-2.6.34.diff to build against Linux 2.6.34.
-- Patrick Matthäi <firstname.lastname@example.org> Thu, 20 May 2010 21:48:55 +0200