Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: catalyst 10-5 chancelog:

Quote Originally Posted by monraaf View Post
    He's right Q. You have a history of making claims about upcoming catalyst releases that turned out not to be true. It's a bit like phoronix with steam .
    i know he is right ;-)

but this isn't a problem for me.

Sure. But Q isn't saying AMD is working on this or that. He's saying you'll get all that awesomeness with Catalyst release x.
    the question is: why not?

the Point is the most users are backwarded in mind they think company build good stuff in the future if they build good stuff in the past.

example they think nvidia gtx480 is nice because geforce256 was nice in the past. but is NOT! CUDA/PhysX is crap the hardware is a complete 'fail'
    that's because on very high resolutions the texture rendering power is to 'low' so you can't get more "FPS" and the efficiency is 100watt+ for only max 5% more fps..

just a example

In my world nvidia is bankrupted (in the future)

my Point of view is fully Future oriented

why i should care about the past ? catalyst 10-5 is the 'last' old styled driver.

He's been saying that for quite some time now. Apparently it's now the 10.6 release that will be totally awesome.
    uuuuummmmm mjam mjam 10.6 is totally awesome ;-) :-)

you will see

you will see

Energyman's words may not be very diplomatic, but I think it's a fairly accurate assessment. Q probably does have someone feeding him NDA stuff and then he mixes that with some stuff he just makes up.
    very accurate diplomatic assessment but what is about the stuff?

isn't the stuff not the stuff i talked about ?

stuff like uuuuuuhhhhhhhhhhhhhh the 10-6 rock da house...

Also I think people should respect their NDA.
    I think people should give a fuck of shit about their NDA's ;-)

the reason is:

you are toxic. You create expectations and when your predicted greatness fails to turn up the people are disappointed. At that point they don't blame you - no, they blame AMD.

You are toxic for AMD. You are creating a bad mood. You are acting stupid.

Do I need to continue?

Oh, and 'NDA's': yeah, we should not follow them. we also should break all contracts. Laws? Are for sissys. Lets go and beat up Q. ....

Quote Originally Posted by energyman View Post
    the reason is:
    you are toxic. You create expectations and when your predicted greatness fails to turn up the people are disappointed. At that point they don't blame you - no, they blame AMD.
    You are toxic for AMD. You are creating a bad mood. You are acting stupid.
    Do I need to continue?
    Oh, and 'NDA's': yeah, we should not follow them. we also should break all contracts. Laws? Are for sissys. Lets go and beat up Q. ....
    o yes very toxic they buy nvidia if i don't stop this LOL...

nvidia should pay me for being a nvidia hater.
    if nvidia hire up more Q. nvidia haters they really 'win' because of the users blame AMD LOL.

Yes we all should break laws to be 'cool' because laws are for losers with no balls!

"You are acting stupid"
    next time i buy a xbox,windows7,gtx480,PS3,ipad,iphone,intel cpu,plasma-TV and a SCO finance Share paper to make sure i'm really acting stupid.

All this discussion aside, cat 10.5's should be out next week, so we can all see what's there then.
    What Q says isn't always right, but it isn't always wrong either. I personally don't find what he says any worse than some things that come out of phoronix.
    For what it's worth though, I don't think 10.5 or 10.6 will be as grand as he's suggesting. We'll just see what we see.

I find it completely believable that what Q posts is the NDA'd beta driver changelog, and features that don't pass QA just aren't in the official ones.