Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789
Results 81 to 89 of 89

Thread: AMD 8.36.5 Driver -- The Still no fglrx AIGLX Support Edition

  1. #81
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    18

    Default still cant see it

    desperate to get 8.37.x for fedora - is there any news of even an approximate date - looking on the website 5 times a day is a pain.

    If there was a way of knowing that it wont be at least for a couple of weeks my sanity might be saved. I am guessing this might be covered in your forthcoming article?

  2. #82

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by danielpugh View Post
    desperate to get 8.37.x for fedora - is there any news of even an approximate date - looking on the website 5 times a day is a pain.

    If there was a way of knowing that it wont be at least for a couple of weeks my sanity might be saved. I am guessing this might be covered in your forthcoming article?
    Check back before the release of Fedora on Phoronix and it will be answered.

    AMD is known to release their drivers on Wednesdays... there is one more Wednesday left in the month

  3. #83
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    18

    Default

    cool, that helps. its the only thing not working (including wireless and fingerprint reader on my laptop, frustrating after using feisty fawn).

    thanks very much, and fingers crossed for next week

  4. #84
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    29

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    There might be some issues with F7 x86_64 and fglrx, as when working on the packaging scripts I ran into a few crashes, but last I tried recently with F7 and 32-bit it had worked.
    Sorry for having gotten completely lost here - the last I tried it, F7 && fglrx == no workee due to F7's Xorg returning a version of (I think) 1.3.something as opposed to the 7.2.whatever that the driver was expecting.

    How the heck did you get it to work; did you have to downgrade the X server, or ??

    Thanks,
    Larry

  5. #85

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by time2IPL View Post
    Sorry for having gotten completely lost here - the last I tried it, F7 && fglrx == no workee due to F7's Xorg returning a version of (I think) 1.3.something as opposed to the 7.2.whatever that the driver was expecting.

    How the heck did you get it to work; did you have to downgrade the X server, or ??

    Thanks,
    Larry
    I am the Fedora fglrx maintainer, I was using 8.37. Check your PMs.

  6. #86
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    72

    Default

    is there any way to solve the video playback problem with 8.36?
    Beside waiting for 8.37

  7. #87
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    PL
    Posts
    912

    Default

    going back to 8.35 is what i did.

  8. #88

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    There might be some issues with F7 x86_64 and fglrx, as when working on the packaging scripts I ran into a few crashes, but last I tried recently with F7 and 32-bit it had worked.
    Inside the blob are some more issues now with i386... ugh. The issues I originally experienced on x86_64 seem to effect i386 now. Unfortunately the problem is tracing back to inside the binary blob. I'll try it once again when F7 final is out.

  9. #89
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Up North, Where 10 degrees is shorts weather
    Posts
    80

    Default

    Just want to fill out the details on *how I got my ATI X1650Pro AGP card working *

    I've update the bios to latest on the motherboard -- a good thing as I now can see both cores on my athlon 64 *woot*

    Chasing around the one path that left me feeling warm and fuzzy was memory allocation.
    I found 'no more mtrrs' errors on occaisions in the logs, and I noted that DRI would actually start -but teh screen would go black appearing to hang, and trying to kill the X server in that state inevitably lead to hard lock.

    1) ATI Radeon X1650Pro (ati branded box)
    2) 2*256Mb Heads
    3) Gigabyte GA-K8NSC board
    4) 1.5Gb DDR(single channel atm)
    5) AMD Athlon 64 X2 3800

    Bios on motherboard to F8 version - brought up second core on the CPU .. presented memory errors on two boots with AGP GART set to 64Mb and 128Mb in the BIOS.
    Was able to boot several times with 128Mb AGP GART size set, bring X up in NoDRI "yes" mode -
    I was still logging "no more mtrrs" messages in dmesg. Noted that **none** of the memory allocations in /proc/mtrr lined up - it looked like it was splitting my main ram to two allocations, and completely misreading the video card.

    many many many reboots later I now have this

    512MB AGP GART set in BIOS, *** the kicker here, was to add the feature to enable >4Gb ram on the motherboard. This closed up the MTRR allocation for my ram to ONE line.
    in GRUB boot line video=vesa,ywrap,mtrr,vram:512 vga=791
    in xorg.conf Option "MaxGARTSize" "512"
    also in xorg.conf Option "NoDRI" "No"

    WOOT!
    for the record, this is all on the ati 8.37.6 drivers... but if wow behaves like this after I rebuild wine I'm gonna roll back.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •