Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: VIA's Linux Strategy Takes A Turn With Hidden Driver

Quote Originally Posted by stan View Post
    I too hope Luc joins the Via team and that he will cooperate with OpenChrome devs to create a unified driver. If there is progress, my next computer is probably going to be VIA, so I can try this driver out.
    First would by now be: VIA, talk to my boss, and subsequently pay 3-4x the wage of direct employment! This as i am officially a consultant now (although the word consultant is rather good here, not some bodyleasing or anything nasty).

Second: cooperate with whom? Are there any developers doing anything real at openchrome? This is one of the root causes of me not being friends with them, and VIA not getting anywhere with them. There is no code there, mostly just noise.

Yes, this is a bastards answer, but given the history of the fork (and the fact that they tried to copy code from unichrome which they at first did not want to accept, and therefor forked), and the mess happening now, how else can i reply?

Quote Originally Posted by bugmenot2 View Post
    VIA, hire luc
    Sorry, but... who?

Wake me up

by the time when VIA graphics card can run KMS & Compiz enabled desktop at constant 60 FPS and HD video playback like a Radeon can do.