Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Google's Chrome Leaves Beta On Linux

Default Google's Chrome Leaves Beta On Linux

Phoronix: Google's Chrome Leaves Beta On Linux

Google Chrome for Linux was released this past December as a beta product, but today Google is releasing the first stable version of their Chrome web-browser for Linux. The Mac OS X version is being released today as stable too...

http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=ODI4NQ

Why the f*ck is it -always- Mac and Linux? Why are the proprietary, capitalist, tell-me-what-you-wear-and-I'll-tell-you-what-computer-programs-to-use pigs always put before awesome foss darwinism?

Quote Originally Posted by susikala View Post
    Why the f*ck is it -always- Mac and Linux? Why are the proprietary, capitalist, tell-me-what-you-wear-and-I'll-tell-you-what-computer-programs-to-use pigs always put before awesome foss darwinism?

Mac and cheese
    Mac and linux

Quote Originally Posted by susikala View Post
    The common perception is that OS X has more market share than Linux. Is it true? Maybe, but the perception is there, so it gets mentioned first in press releases.

As soon as they implement some kind of privacy framework that allows blocking access to user defined urls I'll switch over. Till that time comes it's still Firefox for me

Quote Originally Posted by deanjo View Post
    Mac and cheese
    They both stinks.

@Susikala

Thankfully not always. At Heise Online (PL) Linux is usually mentioned before 'stinky one'.

It takes so long to release the final Linux version. It seems to be lighter then Firefox (on Linux), but it its support is very weak.

Quote Originally Posted by waucka View Post
    The common perception is that OS X has more market share than Linux. Is it true?
    Speaking for desktops ofcourse, I guess in US+Canada it is. But in Europe and Asia I'm not so sure.

Quote Originally Posted by monraaf View Post
    As soon as they implement some kind of privacy framework that allows blocking access to user defined urls I'll switch over. Till that time comes it's still Firefox for me
    You mean like "gksu gedit /etc/hosts"?

I'm happy with Chromium. My distro releases binaries built from snapshots so often that it takes me less time to build it from svn than to re-download it over and over.