Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 30

Thread: X Input 2 Support Goes Into GTK+ 3.0

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    14,590

    Default X Input 2 Support Goes Into GTK+ 3.0

    Phoronix: X Input 2 Support Goes Into GTK+ 3.0

    Beyond updates to Clutter, Mutter, GNOME Shell, and various other GNOME applications, there is one very other important change that happened to the GNOME desktop this week. After being around for years, X Input 2 support was finally merged into the GTK+ library for the 3.0 release...

    http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=ODI4OA

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Poland
    Posts
    215

    Default

    Is X Input 2 already in Xorg xserver or it's still on it's roadmap?

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    131

    Default

    Does this mean I will be able to bind ANY key combination to anything?

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    1,725

    Default

    why is phoronix ignoring Qt development?

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    2,085

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by energyman View Post
    why is phoronix ignoring Qt development?
    Probably because qt is boring. The major distros all default to gnome. Most software is GTK. Despite some people being real fans of it, and technical differences aside, qt really doesn't matter.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    2,085

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by unimatrix View Post
    Does this mean I will be able to bind ANY key combination to anything?
    No, it means that you can plug four mouses into your computer and they'll all work independently.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    2,085

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by xeros View Post
    Is X Input 2 already in Xorg xserver or it's still on it's roadmap?
    Your question is answered in the article.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    1,725

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by droidhacker View Post
    Probably because qt is boring. The major distros all default to gnome. Most software is GTK. Despite some people being real fans of it, and technical differences aside, qt really doesn't matter.
    troll fail. Very hard indeed.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    131

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by droidhacker View Post
    No, it means that you can plug four mouses into your computer and they'll all work independently.
    Any idea when and how that will be made possible?

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Under the bridge
    Posts
    2,129

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by energyman View Post
    why is phoronix ignoring Qt development?
    Why don't you ask that somewhere *other* than in a GTK+ news post? Seriously.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •