Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 149

Thread: 10.5 is out. come and get it.

  1. #21
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    34

    Default

    does it support x server 1.8?

  2. #22
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Lexington, KY
    Posts
    58

    Default

    Why does Ubuntu+Fglrx hate my system!? still

    fresh install of Ubuntu. generate pkgs with 10.5 installer machine freezes once again. b4 ever even launching X, so no Xorg log file...

    sad..

    I'd be less mad about ati if the driver worked at least once in ubuntu.. which is the most pop dist.. I don't get it.

  3. #23
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    5,411

    Default

    catalyst 10-5 solve many wine problems for me FarCry do not segfault anymore!

    yes well nice catalyst isn't fully broken for wine anymore..

  4. #24
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    73

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Exopaladin View Post
    Does it actually straight off not work or are you just basing it on the drivers being 'unsupported'? Because Arch is unsupported and has the latest kernel/XOrg and 10.4/10.5 have both worked okay for me.
    Before 10.4 it wouldn't even compile or if you got it to comple it would complain about missing symbols in the kernel. WIth 10.4 it compiles and installs but on my system I just get a blank screen (and a kernel error in the logs somewhere).

  5. #25
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    985

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Qaridarium View Post
    FarCry do not segfault anymore!
    It does here. But anyway thanks for having some wine dude closing my bug as a driver bug .

  6. #26
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    209

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jecos View Post
    Why does Ubuntu+Fglrx hate my system!? still

    fresh install of Ubuntu. generate pkgs with 10.5 installer machine freezes once again. b4 ever even launching X, so no Xorg log file...

    sad..

    I'd be less mad about ati if the driver worked at least once in ubuntu.. which is the most pop dist.. I don't get it.
    Have you tried a simple:
    chmod 700 ati-driver-installer-10-5-x86.x86_64.run
    sudo ./ati-driver-installer-10-5-x86.x86_64.run

    ?

  7. #27
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    5,411

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by monraaf View Post
    It does here. But anyway thanks for having some wine dude closing my bug as a driver bug .
    uuh?=?=? really? i use wine 1.2rc1+ catalyst 10-5

  8. #28
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    985

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Qaridarium View Post
    uuh?=?=? really? i use wine 1.2rc1+ catalyst 10-5
    Same here. But still segfaults. And judging by the backtrace it's highly unlikely that this was a fglrx bug. Perhaps you were affected by another bug.

  9. #29
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    5,411

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by monraaf View Post
    Same here. But still segfaults. And judging by the backtrace it's highly unlikely that this was a fglrx bug. Perhaps you were affected by another bug.
    do you have installed the d3dx9 dlls with winetricks?

    because you need the d3dx9 dlls...

  10. #30
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    5,411

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by monraaf View Post
    Same here. But still segfaults. And judging by the backtrace it's highly unlikely that this was a fglrx bug. Perhaps you were affected by another bug.
    what kind of hardware do you use? i use a hd4670

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •