Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: 10.5 is out. come and get it.

A-W-E-S-O-M-E!!!

WINE 1.2RC1 + FGLRX 10.4 railroad tycoon 3 crahes on loading games, because fglrx_dri.so crash, but now it is working fine!!! and it seems this it is not the only game fixed.

On video side, using mplayer-vaapi, my videos are working flawlessly with video hardware acceleration , without tearing and without the color issue bug! just perfect! wow!!

"Catalyst 10.5 For Linux Is Out: Nothing Exciting" what ???? are you mad?

Quote Originally Posted by Qaridarium View Post
    what kind of hardware do you use? i use a hd4670
    I have HD5750 but it's not a hardware or driver issue. The games segfaults even before libGL is loaded. What kernel are you using Ubuntu stock or 2.6.34 as you were talking about earlier?

Quote Originally Posted by Jimbo View Post
    On video side, using mplayer-vaapi, my videos are working flawlessly with video hardware acceleration , without tearing and without the color issue bug! just perfect! wow!!
    Then I suppose you must be one of the lucky ones who didn't buy an Evergreen card

certainly, I have a 4350, why evergreen are not supported? There are legal issues? or only drivers problems?

certainly, I have a 4350, why evergreen are not supported? There are legal issues? or only drivers problems?
    As far as I know it's not supported (yet) on Evergreen. At least I haven't gotten it to work correctly and I don't know of anybody who has.

Don't think it's a legal issue, probably just low priority at AMD

Anyone else get really low fps in HoN with 10.5? I just bumped the gentoo ebuild version number and it emerged like it should. But instead of 125fps on the login screen I get ~30fps and ingame it's like ~20fps where I had 100 in 10.4

Quote Originally Posted by monraaf View Post
    I have HD5750 but it's not a hardware or driver issue. The games segfaults even before libGL is loaded. What kernel are you using Ubuntu stock or 2.6.34 as you were talking about earlier?
    i use 2.6.34 but this don't fix the problem!

2.6.34+ catalyst 10-4 seqfault to!

mybe 2.6.34+catalyst10-5 is the solution.-.

A-W-E-S-O-M-E!!!

WINE 1.2RC1 + FGLRX 10.4 railroad tycoon 3 crahes on loading games, because fglrx_dri.so crash, but now it is working fine!!! and it seems this it is not the only game fixed.

"Catalyst 10.5 For Linux Is Out: Nothing Exciting" what ???? are you mad?
    michael is in the amd beta driver programm ... he knows the 10-6 catalyst ;-)

@Jecos

Did you try my script? Using -z option + reboot is usually the save way.

http://www.phoronix.com/forums/showp...67&postcount=2

@storma

When you execute the pure installer it is very likely that you kill the system - the next jockey install will do so. Especially as lucid is non-standard and uses extra tricks.

With 10.5 I get something like this with every 3D application...

david@david-desktop:~$ glxgears -info
    X Error of failed request: BadRequest (invalid request code or no such operation)
    Major opcode of failed request: 157 (GLX)
    Minor opcode of failed request: 19 (X_GLXQueryServerString)
    Serial number of failed request: 20
    Current serial number in output stream: 20