Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 149

Thread: 10.5 is out. come and get it.

  1. #31
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    328

    Default

    A-W-E-S-O-M-E!!!

    WINE 1.2RC1 + FGLRX 10.4 railroad tycoon 3 crahes on loading games, because fglrx_dri.so crash, but now it is working fine!!! and it seems this it is not the only game fixed.

    On video side, using mplayer-vaapi, my videos are working flawlessly with video hardware acceleration , without tearing and without the color issue bug! just perfect! wow!!

    "Catalyst 10.5 For Linux Is Out: Nothing Exciting" what ???? are you mad?

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    995

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Qaridarium View Post
    what kind of hardware do you use? i use a hd4670
    I have HD5750 but it's not a hardware or driver issue. The games segfaults even before libGL is loaded. What kernel are you using Ubuntu stock or 2.6.34 as you were talking about earlier?

  3. #33
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    995

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jimbo View Post
    On video side, using mplayer-vaapi, my videos are working flawlessly with video hardware acceleration , without tearing and without the color issue bug! just perfect! wow!!
    Then I suppose you must be one of the lucky ones who didn't buy an Evergreen card

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    328

    Default

    certainly, I have a 4350, why evergreen are not supported? There are legal issues? or only drivers problems?

  5. #35
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    995

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jimbo View Post
    certainly, I have a 4350, why evergreen are not supported? There are legal issues? or only drivers problems?
    As far as I know it's not supported (yet) on Evergreen. At least I haven't gotten it to work correctly and I don't know of anybody who has.

    Don't think it's a legal issue, probably just low priority at AMD

  6. #36
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    75

    Default

    Anyone else get really low fps in HoN with 10.5? I just bumped the gentoo ebuild version number and it emerged like it should. But instead of 125fps on the login screen I get ~30fps and ingame it's like ~20fps where I had 100 in 10.4

  7. #37
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    5,411

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by monraaf View Post
    I have HD5750 but it's not a hardware or driver issue. The games segfaults even before libGL is loaded. What kernel are you using Ubuntu stock or 2.6.34 as you were talking about earlier?
    i use 2.6.34 but this don't fix the problem!

    2.6.34+ catalyst 10-4 seqfault to!

    mybe 2.6.34+catalyst10-5 is the solution.-.

  8. #38
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    5,411

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jimbo View Post
    A-W-E-S-O-M-E!!!

    WINE 1.2RC1 + FGLRX 10.4 railroad tycoon 3 crahes on loading games, because fglrx_dri.so crash, but now it is working fine!!! and it seems this it is not the only game fixed.

    On video side, using mplayer-vaapi, my videos are working flawlessly with video hardware acceleration , without tearing and without the color issue bug! just perfect! wow!!

    "Catalyst 10.5 For Linux Is Out: Nothing Exciting" what ???? are you mad?
    michael is in the amd beta driver programm ... he knows the 10-6 catalyst ;-)

  9. #39
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    6,641

    Default

    @Jecos

    Did you try my script? Using -z option + reboot is usually the save way.

    http://www.phoronix.com/forums/showp...67&postcount=2

    @storma

    When you execute the pure installer it is very likely that you kill the system - the next jockey install will do so. Especially as lucid is non-standard and uses extra tricks.

  10. #40
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Creve Coeur, Missouri
    Posts
    402

    Default

    With 10.5 I get something like this with every 3D application...


    david@david-desktop:~$ glxgears -info
    X Error of failed request: BadRequest (invalid request code or no such operation)
    Major opcode of failed request: 157 (GLX)
    Minor opcode of failed request: 19 (X_GLXQueryServerString)
    Serial number of failed request: 20
    Current serial number in output stream: 20

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •