Page 29 of 29 FirstFirst ... 19272829

Thread: Drivers for linux are rubbish

How about the recently released 10.6 drivers? Isn't the new 2D acceleration feature complete-ish?

Yes, but when I made that post they were soon-to-be-released, not recently-released

Ahh, it's all clear now, thanx much. I'm on ubuntu right now using ubuntu's open source drivers, lag free. When the new drivers come out, i'll give them a spin. I haven't even come close to diving into Wine yet, i'm still trying to work out the indicator applet. It's more complicated than it seems on the surface, i haven't grasped its power. One step at a a time eh.
    I must thank you all again for taking the time to answer all my questions, and so quickly too.

Default wow

Well this thread has spiraled way off course since I started it.

Ok, so where can I find ALL the WORKING patches I need to install the ati drivers for linux (using the ATI installer), against my 2.6.34 system? As I said in the original OP, I have had this issue with using pretty much any kernel beyond 2.6.28 and have had to scavenge around the net for patches.

I don't feel like having to wad through 1000 pages of posts. Perhaps someone should start a thread on this, make it sticky, and have it purely for patches only, so they don't get lost in the thousands of posts.

Thumbs up thank you Kano

kano's script has fixed it. I missed that post on the first page.

Thanks Kano, you are a god *bows*