Thread: An ugly unsolved X.org >= 1.8 bug, please, give it more attention

Unhappy An ugly unsolved X.org >= 1.8 bug, please, give it more attention

Bug 25497.

It affects all X.org drivers, i.e. X.org server itself. Developers do not care.

Michael, I hope you'll investigate this issue and raise people awareness.

Just curious, why do you say the developers don't care ? When I looked at the bug ticket I saw an active discussion trying to figure out what component might be at fault.

Last meaningful comment from a developer was over two months ago. It this what you call "care"?

Perhaps it's just not very high on the priority list atm -- might be very difficult to figure out just what's wrong or how to fix it. I'm sure something like this is not going to be ignored -- it would effectively mean that x.org's server would be dead.

It looks to me like the devs are having a hard time even replicating the bug reliably.

Quote Originally Posted by clearer View Post
    Perhaps it's just not very high on the priority list atm -- might be very difficult to figure out just what's wrong or how to fix it. I'm sure something like this is not going to be ignored -- it would effectively mean that x.org's server would be dead.

It looks to me like the devs are having a hard time even replicating the bug reliably.
    Developers are always busy solving invisible bugs and adding invisible features, while visible ones which cause a real headache remain unanswered for months if not years.

Quote Originally Posted by birdie View Post
    Last meaningful comment from a developer was over two months ago. It this what you call "care"?
    The last comment I saw was 5/29, ie less than three weeks before your post. Is that the one you feel is not "meaningful" ?