Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: X3:Reunion Menu problem

Hybrid View

Question X3:Reunion Menu problem

Does anybody have a clue what causes this!

Thats the main in-game menu

Ati 5870 cat 10.5

All other games/benchmarks run fine

testtool shows no problems neither!

Pete

Quote Originally Posted by pete910 View Post
    Does anybody have a clue what causes this!

Thats the main in-game menu

Ati 5870 cat 10.5

All other games/benchmarks run fine

testtool shows no problems neither!

Pete
    Is that in game? I can't get past the title screen, all I see is the background. The textures on the planet are SLIGHTLY glitchy.

I have a Radeon 4870, Catalyst 10.6. Game works fine on my laptop (nvidia), but my desktop is the faster machine (and I have no convenient place to use my laptop outside of work).

I've tried Shadow Grounds and that works fine (except character portraits are glitchy, but this has always been the case).

ATI's drivers are notoriously picky about how they're used within the context of their OpenGL state engine. There's lots of places where NVidia's drivers will substitute things on missing values for their shaders, or handle "bogus" parameters passed into a call a lot more gracefully than ATI would. Same goes for D3D, actually. It's where their reputation of being "unstable" on their drivers actually mostly comes from.

Not that the studios are in the right when they do something "off"- and it happens often.

If it were me, I'd log a bug through normal AMD channels and try to log a support ticket with LGP to get the ball rolling on this one.

Quote Originally Posted by Svartalf View Post
    If it were me, I'd log a bug through normal AMD channels and try to log a support ticket with LGP to get the ball rolling on this one.
    How do I get a support ticket going with LGP? Is there a specific web form to fill out that I'm not seeing, or do I just start pinging support@linuxgamepublishing.com?

Where do I file bugs with AMD? Google is only giving me sites for filing bug reports with various linux distribution vendors.

That's basically it, see http://www.linuxgamepublishing.com/support.php?

Can't say I've had much luck reporting bugs to LGP, but I guess they're just overworked.

Quote Originally Posted by whizse View Post
    That's basically it, see http://www.linuxgamepublishing.com/support.php?

Can't say I've had much luck reporting bugs to LGP, but I guess they're just overworked.
    Thanks. I sent LGP an email. Hopefully this will start a dialog where I can provide them with any further information that they need.

I've also found an issue where x3 ignores the hints provided by ld.so.conf and loads the incorrect libGL.so.1. This is an ubuntu issue (perhaps other dists are affected as well?) and you can get around this by running x3 in one of the following ways:

LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/lib32/nvidia-current x3 # Change nvidia-current to fglrx if applicable.

x3 -g /usr/lib32/nvidia-current

In ubuntu, /etc/ld.so.conf.d/* gives priority of /usr/lib32/nvidia-current over /usr/lib32, but x3 doesn't seem to care unless you force the issue.

Quote Originally Posted by hiryu View Post
    I've also found an issue where x3 ignores the hints provided by ld.so.conf and loads the incorrect libGL.so.1. This is an ubuntu issue (perhaps other dists are affected as well?) and you can get around this by running x3 in one of the following ways:

LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/lib32/nvidia-current x3 # Change nvidia-current to fglrx if applicable.

x3 -g /usr/lib32/nvidia-current

In ubuntu, /etc/ld.so.conf.d/* gives priority of /usr/lib32/nvidia-current over /usr/lib32, but x3 doesn't seem to care unless you force the issue.
    Mandriva has this problem when installing the drivers via rpmdrake(Package manger) instead of the installers. But when that happens X3 throws a error and dont run.

Pete.

Quote Originally Posted by Svartalf View Post

Done that with LGP, the last response I got is it's been passed on to a higher level support. That was on the 29th of last month. Had no response since.

Pete.

Quote Originally Posted by pete910 View Post
    Done that with LGP, the last response I got is it's been passed on to a higher level support. That was on the 29th of last month. Had no response since.

Pete.
    Well, then it doesn't sound like this is going to get anywhere...

I suspect the fix for this wouldn't be very time consuming on LGP's part, however.

Well sorry to drag a old post up but,

Thought I'd try the win version in wine a funilly it does the exact same thing.

Driver issue do you think?

Tried all the cat drivers up to 10.10

Pete.