Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 25

Thread: X3:Reunion Menu problem

  1. #11
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Toronto-ish
    Posts
    7,456

    Default

    The tracker for ATI/AMD Linux is http://ati.cchtml.com

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    60

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Svartalf View Post
    If it were me, I'd log a bug through normal AMD channels and try to log a support ticket with LGP to get the ball rolling on this one.

    Done that with LGP, the last response I got is it's been passed on to a higher level support. That was on the 29th of last month. Had no response since.


    Pete.

  3. #13
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    60

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hiryu View Post
    I've also found an issue where x3 ignores the hints provided by ld.so.conf and loads the incorrect libGL.so.1. This is an ubuntu issue (perhaps other dists are affected as well?) and you can get around this by running x3 in one of the following ways:

    LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/lib32/nvidia-current x3 # Change nvidia-current to fglrx if applicable.

    x3 -g /usr/lib32/nvidia-current

    In ubuntu, /etc/ld.so.conf.d/* gives priority of /usr/lib32/nvidia-current over /usr/lib32, but x3 doesn't seem to care unless you force the issue.
    Mandriva has this problem when installing the drivers via rpmdrake(Package manger) instead of the installers. But when that happens X3 throws a error and dont run.

    Pete.

  4. #14
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    104

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pete910 View Post
    Mandriva has this problem when installing the drivers via rpmdrake(Package manger) instead of the installers. But when that happens X3 throws a error and dont run.

    Pete.
    Probably because, like ubuntu, libGO.so.1 is placed somewhere non-standard and then this is pointed to via ld.so.conf. x3 seems to ignore these hints (for whatever reason). Using ubuntu the follow works:

    x3 -g /usr/lib32/fglrx
    x3 -g /usr/lib32/nvidia-current

  5. #15
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    104

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pete910 View Post
    Done that with LGP, the last response I got is it's been passed on to a higher level support. That was on the 29th of last month. Had no response since.


    Pete.
    Well, then it doesn't sound like this is going to get anywhere...

    I suspect the fix for this wouldn't be very time consuming on LGP's part, however.

  6. #16
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    60

    Default

    Well sorry to drag a old post up but,

    Thought I'd try the win version in wine a funilly it does the exact same thing.

    Driver issue do you think?

    Tried all the cat drivers up to 10.10


    Pete.

  7. #17
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    104

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pete910 View Post
    Well sorry to drag a old post up but,

    Thought I'd try the win version in wine a funilly it does the exact same thing.

    Driver issue do you think?

    Tried all the cat drivers up to 10.10


    Pete.
    Probably. I recently built a new computer and my current card is a GTX480. One of the main reasons is because I wanted this game to work (which it now does). Too bad the LGP site is still down. Hopefully in the future they'll perform offsite backups.

  8. #18
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    3,046

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pete910 View Post
    Well sorry to drag a old post up but,

    Thought I'd try the win version in wine a funilly it does the exact same thing.

    Driver issue do you think?

    Tried all the cat drivers up to 10.10


    Pete.
    That'd be a confirmed on the driver... It's not been the first "oops" they've had in their drivers and it won't be the last.

    Lest anyone thinks that NVidia's got "perfect" drivers, I've had to delay releasing the Linux Chapter 2 release for Caster because of an dumb thing their drivers are doing- which causes SDL to report a 0x0 size resolution for the screen when you're using HDMI or some dual screen configs. Kano handed me enough today that it all clicked and I've got a workaround coded in and I should have verification of it and have it all out the door in the next couple of days, hopefully.

  9. #19
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    104

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Svartalf View Post
    That'd be a confirmed on the driver... It's not been the first "oops" they've had in their drivers and it won't be the last.

    Lest anyone thinks that NVidia's got "perfect" drivers, I've had to delay releasing the Linux Chapter 2 release for Caster because of an dumb thing their drivers are doing- which causes SDL to report a 0x0 size resolution for the screen when you're using HDMI or some dual screen configs. Kano handed me enough today that it all clicked and I've got a workaround coded in and I should have verification of it and have it all out the door in the next couple of days, hopefully.
    The issue with AMD's drivers can't be worked around?

    Would you say the Nvidia drivers are overall better? Or are they roughly the same?

  10. #20
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    3,046

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hiryu View Post
    The issue with AMD's drivers can't be worked around?
    The driver's very probably doing something wrong there. I'm sure if LGP was up to speed, they might be able to do a workaround like I'm doing for Caster on the NVidia problem I mentioned...but all in all, they need to fix the problem. I'm going to be handing NVidia a copy of the problem-child beta version that screws up so they can fix their bug while I tapdance around it so I can ship the game.

    Would you say the Nvidia drivers are overall better? Or are they roughly the same?
    My current personal experience is that NVidia's drivers are a bit better overall- but when they "oops" something it's fun to fix/work around. Used to be, NVidia was all-around better. Nowadays, it's closer to the story with the drivers from both companies on Windows.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •