Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: We Can Automatically Find Functional Regressions Too

Quote Originally Posted by FireBurn View Post
    Finally a decent article where you did something useful with the PTS!
    Decent article? Are you joking? Read the bug report.

Note to Michael: get a grip on yourself, lol, please!

Question

Quote Originally Posted by JinxterX View Post
    Yeah the bug report pretty much shows that this is PEBKAC , Nice to see a bug was actually raised however.

Quote Originally Posted by JinxterX View Post

Note to Michael: get a grip on yourself, lol, please!
    LOL

I stand corrected. I am impressed however that the article didn't go screaming about how terrible it was that a regression was introduced

Maybe if he's playing with source code Michael should switch to a distribution that's designed to work with building from source through the package manager

LOL

I stand corrected. I am impressed however that the article didn't go screaming about how terrible it was that a regression was introduced

Maybe if he's playing with source code Michael should switch to a distribution that's designed to work with building from source through the package manager
    Read Gentoo?

Quote Originally Posted by kbios View Post
    Read Gentoo?
    I use Gentoo but I'm sure there are other distros out there that are designed to work well with installing packages generated from source.

I use Gentoo but I'm sure there are other distros out there that are designed to work well with installing packages generated from source.
    Sure. I was only joking.

I'm pretty sure Michael is paid by cannonical

It would explain why there isn't any bad press this time.

I don't think michael would have the patience for gentoo. I doubt he'll ever use it or benchmark it.

Gentoo is the way of the righteous!

Good to see Phoronix posted a bug report. It will be nice if you'll be posting bug reports about kernel bugs or regressions too.

I'm pretty sure Michael is paid by cannonical

It would explain why there isn't any bad press this time.
    Sadly, it seems the Phoronix is ubuntu and gnome centric site. While some time ago I even thought about Ubuntu (but I mainly cared about Kubuntu) as a major Linux distribution I've changed my mind. Kubuntu is nearly not supported in comparision to Ubuntu and I realized Ubuntu is just messed up because of idiotic policy when comes to fixing bugs, release deadline, not upgrading packages versions, bugs (I have a very strong feeling Arch Linux is much more polished and a bug free!) and using crippled DE as a default one. However I don't consider Michael is paid by the Canonical (and if he is then it's nothing wrong of course), but he just likes Ubuntu.

Quote Originally Posted by Thev00d00 View Post
    Yeah the bug report pretty much shows that this is PEBKAC , Nice to see a bug was actually raised however.
    Actually it is still a bug. If the driver requires that libdrm be at a certain level then it should check at load time for such a dependency and report back if it detects if you are running an old version. This usually gives the developer/user a clue that an old lib is installed in the LDPATH.