Thread: Mozilla Bumps Thunderbird To Version 3.1

Default Mozilla Bumps Thunderbird To Version 3.1

Phoronix: Mozilla Bumps Thunderbird To Version 3.1

The Mozilla Messaging camp has released version 3.1 of the Thunderbird mail client. Mozilla Thunderbird 3.1 features faster search results, a quick filter tool-bar, a new migration assistant, a saved files manager, a new mail account setup wizard, and various performance improvements...

http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=ODM2Mw

Considering the attention FireFox gets I always feel Thunderbird is the bastard child of Mozilla and never really cared for in the same way

Which is a pity

Quote Originally Posted by FireBurn View Post
    Considering the attention FireFox gets I always feel Thunderbird is the bastard child of Mozilla and never really cared for in the same way

Which is a pity
    That is why now we have Mozilla Messaging completely separated from Mozilla people working on Firefox. They don't get distracted this way.

Another thing is that mail clients are very simple programs compared to browsers nowadays... I don't really need very sophisticated mail client. In fact, I more an more use Gmail web interface as main client and Thunderbird as IMAP archiver.

Quote Originally Posted by m_gol View Post
    In fact, I more an more use Gmail web interface as main client and Thunderbird as IMAP archiver.
    You are going to love this:
    https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/thu...rd/addon/54035