Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Oh Wow, Compiz 0.9.0 Finally Released!

Ah i dont think phoronix was lying about compiz being a non-compositing manager take a look at this

http://lists.freedesktop.org/archive...ly/003429.html

Quote Originally Posted by not.sure View Post
    Ok tried to see phoronix ads. But adblock doesn't actually do anything. It's all noscript. That's not so good

But the ads I got were not invasive or annoying, and some even interesting (hey, if I wasn't poor I might've even bought something).
    I like the ads for Oprah.

Agree that the site should be redesigned, although that can be a lot of work for someone not eager to do it.

Also, perhaps Phoronix could actively seek out user contributed articles? I doubt there would be a ton of them or that they'd be particularly better than Michael's, but it could take some of the load off his shoulders. And allow users to feel a little more invested in the site as well.

Re: edit timeouts. I'm starting to think this is all a clever plan by Michael. Enrage his commenters to the point of near insanity, then come out with a new "feature" in Phoronix premium that allows you to extend the timeout. At this point, i think it might be worth paying for. It's certainly much more annoying than the ads.

Quote Originally Posted by smitty3268 View Post
    Re: edit timeouts. I'm starting to think this is all a clever plan by Michael. Enrage his commenters to the point of near insanity, then come out with a new "feature" in Phoronix premium that allows you to extend the timeout. At this point, i think it might be worth paying for. It's certainly much more annoying than the ads.
    hehe lol your kidding right?
    if i have to pay to edit my own comments after 1 minute then i certainly won't pay! I rather leave then pay for something like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    Yeah, sure, once more people stop using AdBlock...
    No I won't stop using it but it would be great if I did not had to log in to the forum first to view the articles on one page

Regards, Dominik