Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Unigine Is Working On A Strategy Game

Unigine is definitely prettier not to say Spring isn't worth checking out. I just added their Repository and downing it right now

downloading* not downing :-P

At last a modern 3d strategy game for linux. If it will be any good, im definitely buing it. Heck, if the price is not too high, i will buy it before I know if its any good.

@Big spring screeshot:

Ow my eyes. The aliasing!

This is why we _need_ antialiasing on linux.

Default Oo

Oh my kernel! If this is really going to have good mechanics such as Warcraft or Starcraft (don't tell these mechanics suck.. they're godlike), and also runs on Linux.. I can't take it anymore

Quote Originally Posted by curaga View Post
    @Big spring screeshot:

Ow my eyes. The aliasing!

This is why we _need_ antialiasing on linux.
    Rofl... you compare a full screenshot with a "downsampled" one. Of course the downsampled one looks smoother, it has been downsampled!

That said in a real game with transparency and other interesting effects (including def-ren) AA doesn't work anyways so it's mood to moan about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonlord View Post
    Rofl... you compare a full screenshot with a "downsampled" one. Of course the downsampled one looks smoother, it has been downsampled!

That said in a real game with transparency and other interesting effects (including def-ren) AA doesn't work anyways so it's mood to moan about it.
    Downsampling aside, I'm betting the shots are from Windows, where AA works.

It's a big mood killer to see those huge jaggies. So if an effect disables those, I'd much rather disable the effect.

s/disables those/disables AA/

You don't seem to get it but okay, nothing one can do about. AA is not the holy grail and especially fails for techs like def-ren. If you wan to disable an entire game, okay, nothing to play for you, touch luck :P

Also AA looks most of them time blurry. Why taking performance hit for something which looks doesn't look much better or even blurry?

Guess we just have to agree to disagree here. To me AA looks a lot better than jaggy borders.

Yeah, I admit have no idea what def-ren is; I take it's an effect, like fog or bloom, because you said so:
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonlord
    That said in a real game with transparency and other interesting effects (including def-ren)