Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Catalyst 10.7 Released

Yeah, I had a brief flicker of blackness in gimp, too, when I was cropping the other screenshots, but I wasn't really sure it was the same thing, and didn't move fast enough to get a screenshot. If you're seeing it in pidgin, as well, then yeah, it looks like the new acceleration method is still amazingly craptacular :-)

Adam

@bridgman I have never seen that bug on RHEL 5.5 so this does not show up on every distro.

But RHEl 5.5 does have its share to.

* Still refuses to enable the third screen for Eyefinity with 10.7
    * Rotation (Xrandr -o left) hangs pc, creates kernelpanic or corrupts screen.

Quote Originally Posted by adamk View Post
    Yeah, I had a brief flicker of blackness in gimp, too, when I was cropping the other screenshots, but I wasn't really sure it was the same thing, and didn't move fast enough to get a screenshot. If you're seeing it in pidgin, as well, then yeah, it looks like the new acceleration method is still amazingly craptacular :-)

Adam
    I'd say the driver is pretty craptacular in general, but then I'm also bitter about the HoN OpenGL crash bug reported back in May having been completely ignored on the bugtracker as well as the long standing 2D issues. And the long standing obscure OpenGL bug that causes a couple of wine games to hardlock the system

And, I might point out, that the option to disable the new acceleration method is still not documented in the release notes or anywhere under /usr/share/ati/ so folks who encounter this particular acceleration bug are screwed unless they happen to find the rather cryptic command to switch back to XAA somewhere on the internet.

Does it say Catalyst 10.5 in the CCC for everyone or just me? It said 10.5 when I was using 10.6 as well.

Quote Originally Posted by albatorsk View Post
    Does it say Catalyst 10.5 in the CCC for everyone or just me? It said 10.5 when I was using 10.6 as well.
    In Information --> Software --> Catalyst Version, it says 10.7 here.

Driver packaging version 8.753-100706m-102502C-ATI
    2D Driver Version 8.75.5

Hmm... That's funny. I wonder what's changed in the installation procedure for Ubuntu since 10.5. Also, how would I go about fixing it?

2D driver version seems to be right, but Catalyst version and Packaging version is all wrong.

Oh, purging the old packages before installing the new ones, instead of just upgrading, did the trick. I wonder why that's changed.

Any progress on Compiz/Blur? It's broken in 10.6.

Quote Originally Posted by adamk View Post
    Despite all rumors to the contrary, the black window bug in firefox (and perhaps thunderbird, I haven't tested that yet) is still present:

http://thorn.visualtech.com/blackwindowsinfirefox.jpg
    Google chrome does the same