Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 176

Thread: R800 3D mesa driver is shortly before release

  1. #11
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    5,411

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FunkyRider View Post
    Boris64 talked about what he experienced and he actually HAS an HD5850 card.

    Qaridarium: you happy about what? Do you have an HD5000 card at all?
    no i do not have a hd5000 card.. but yes i try to fix this problem after the opensource 3D mesa driver is released ;-)

    Boris64 also talks about his skill to get the wrong non hd4000 hardware for the opensource driver ;-)

    he cry about 4-6 month back in 2007 i buy a card (3850) for the opensource driver and i wait over 2 years!

    so 5 month for the opensource driver is very fast

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    8

    Thumbs down

    Quote Originally Posted by Qaridarium View Post
    Boris64 also talks about his skill to get the wrong non hd4000 hardware for the opensource driver ;-)
    I actually had a HD4870, which worked ok (after
    waiting 4+ month of waiting for at leaset 2d accel plus
    "i can't even remember how many month i had to wait" for basic 3d stuff (compiz!)).
    Btw, after 2 years (of waiting ) it just went up in smoke.

    Quote Originally Posted by Qaridarium View Post
    he cry about 4-6 month back in 2007 i buy a card (3850) for the opensource driver and i wait over 2 years!

    so 5 month for the opensource driver is very fast
    2 years? Geez, no comment.

    Well, I did, too, buy this card because of all
    that fancy FOSS stuff (and because all "good" 40xx cards
    were sold out in my hometown) but on my 50xx i still
    can't even watch tv without tearing (buzzword vsync).
    Call it 'crying', whatever, it's still the truth.
    This is crap, right now at this very moment.

  3. #13
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    437

    Default

    your attitude is admirable, however waiting 2 years for the driver to come out is somewhat wasteful for me.

    Why don't you get what's usable back then, and buy a second hand HD 3850 for ~$30 now and get the same accelerated OSS desktop, while not having a miserable 2 years past memory?

  4. #14
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    2,908

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RealNC View Post
    "Happy" is when it WORKS, not when it's open source.
    Surely, every person should decide this for themselves?

  5. #15
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    5,411

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by boris64 View Post
    I actually had a HD4870, which worked ok (after
    waiting 4+ month of waiting for at leaset 2d accel plus
    "i can't even remember how many month i had to wait" for basic 3d stuff (compiz!)).
    Btw, after 2 years (of waiting ) it just went up in smoke.


    2 years? Geez, no comment.

    Well, I did, too, buy this card because of all
    that fancy FOSS stuff (and because all "good" 40xx cards
    were sold out in my hometown) but on my 50xx i still
    can't even watch tv without tearing (buzzword vsync).
    Call it 'crying', whatever, it's still the truth.
    This is crap, right now at this very moment.
    right from your point of view this is crap... but yes for people like you i do the forum post about the r800 3d mesa driver release here ;-)

    so please stop crying ;-) the r800 3d driver will save your soul ;-)

  6. #16
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Qaridarium View Post
    right from your point of view this is crap... but yes for people like you i do the forum post about the r800 3d mesa driver release here ;-)

    so please stop crying ;-) the r800 3d driver will save your soul ;-)
    It surely will. Just like the r600 driver did. Someday.

    But until it's released i can hardly believe
    in somebody yelling "it'll arrive soon, everybody
    clap your hands!". I don't believe in that guy
    from the street corner either, who keeps
    telling me that the end is near.

  7. #17
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    5,411

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by boris64 View Post
    It surely will. Just like the r600 driver did. Someday.

    But until it's released i can hardly believe
    in somebody yelling "it'll arrive soon, everybody
    clap your hands!". I don't believe in that guy
    from the street corner either, who keeps
    telling me that the end is near.
    well why not send bridgman a pm and ask about the driver ;-)

    and hey... there is no need for believing anything just relax and wait

    Enjoy the show ;-)

  8. #18
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Qaridarium View Post
    well why not send bridgman a pm and ask about the driver ;-)
    Well, i already did ask in #radeon some time ago.
    Normally you get an answer like this:
    "Some code is in IP review, will be released in more
    than a week or in less than 3 month."


  9. #19
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    5,411

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by boris64 View Post
    Well, i already did ask in #radeon some time ago.
    Normally you get an answer like this:
    "Some code is in IP review, will be released in more
    than a week or in less than 3 month."

    yes but the IP review is part of bridgman's job ;-)

    so if bridgman is finish with the review the code the code can be released ;-)

  10. #20
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    86

    Default

    I, too, have been studying Open Source Intelligence, and am pleased to announce that each install of the R800/Evergreen mesa driver will come with a free copy of Duke Nukem Forever.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •