Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: suspend-to-ram & catalyst 10.7 work again ?

Default suspend-to-ram & catalyst 10.7 work again ?

Anyone tried catalyst 10.7 and whether it works again with suspend-to-ram ?

for me it stopped working since >10.5 (10.4 worked on Arch, 10.1 worked on Gentoo)

10.2-10.4 didn't work at all on Gentoo for me

Can't you try it yourself?

Quote Originally Posted by Kano View Post
    Can't you try it yourself?
    I can and will try it out but since this is my production system which needs to be always working (including suspend-to-ram)

this won't be too soon and in the weekend (probably not even the coming weekend)

so I wanted to take a shortcut and see whether anybody else uses s3 and can report if it works or not - this would save me an additional un-masking, upgrading - testing and if it doesn't work - masking, downgrading

I'm still having the same issues with suspend to ram that I have been having for the past two or three releases, what a pain in my ass

Suspend-to-ram works fine here. The only issue I had the past release was that sometimes during resume the system started swapping heavily, thus making resume very slow. I haven't seen that yet with 10.7, but it's too early too tell.

my issues are that after resuming the system opengl doesn't work right...videos through the gl output stop working, I use cairo-dock with opengl and it slowly starts starts to freeze up, and eventually the whole desktop will freeze up

It's working OK here so far HD5770...
    I've experienced some opengl slowdown usually at 1st login on kde 4.5 rc2 composite enabled.. Opening the Desktop effects>Advanced and checking the Enable Direct Rendering box hit apply then Selecting return to previous config clears it up until my next log-out/reboot.
    Occasionally quitting a game will have the same effect.
    Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety,deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.
    Ben Franklin 1755

confirmed !

it (suspend-to-ram) works here, too wtth catalyst 10.7

both with openSUSE 11.3 x86_64 and Gentoo with an 2.6.35-zen kernel

thanks for all of your help

Quote Originally Posted by monraaf View Post
    Suspend-to-ram works fine here. The only issue I had the past release was that sometimes during resume the system started swapping heavily, thus making resume very slow. I haven't seen that yet with 10.7, but it's too early too tell.
    The heavy swapping is still there. I just use "swapoff -a" before suspend.

really, no one else is having any opengl problems after you resume? When I resume, using the gl output for video just doesn't work, along with other things....I have been using ubuntu 10.04 with both generic kernel (2.6.32), and also the zen-stable 2.6.34