Thread: Radeon DRI docs?

Default Radeon DRI docs?

Is there some documentation on how to use the radeon DRI kernel driver? Info on what options are supported, how to read temps, how to switch current power state, etc?

On a related note, there's still no mention of "nomodeset" in linus' git kernel-parameters.txt. :P

I don't know about official docs, but the last few posts of this thread will give you examples for switching powerstates, profiles/dynpm, reading temperatures etc.

I can't read temps. In /sys/class, I only have hwmon0 and hwmon1, which are from the coretemp driver (for CPU core 0 and 1 respectively.)

Also, I can't figure out how to get the current clocks/voltages.

And what values other than "default" and "low" are there for power_method and power_profile?

power_method is either "dynpm" or "profile"
    power_profile is "low", "default", "high" or "auto". "Auto" only makes sense on laptops.

The temp monitoring is not in 2.6.35, you need either the radeon-next tree, or have to wait till the 2.6.36 kernel.

Don't know about clocks/voltages, though it would be interesting to know.

Note that "auto" is not "dynamic clock/voltage adjustment", it just switches to a lower power state when running on battery, and an even lower state when the displays are blanked.