Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: KDE Software Compilation 4.5 Released

Default KDE Software Compilation 4.5 Released

Phoronix: KDE Software Compilation 4.5 Released

Following a brief delay, KDE Software Compilation 4.5 was released this morning. This semi-annual update to the KDE desktop and related packages brings new releases of the Plasma Desktop and Netbook workspaces, KDE WebKit support within the Konqueror web-browser, usabiliy refinements to Plasma for providing an improved user experience, and a plethora of other improvements and bug fixes...

http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=ODQ5NA

Is that it?

The most exciting KDE release of the whole 4.x series and that's the best you can do?

We get more details on every alpha, beta and RC of every subcomponent of GNOME than that!

Come on Michael KDE deserves a bit better than that no?

Quote Originally Posted by FireBurn View Post
    Is that it?

The most exciting KDE release of the whole 4.x series and that's the best you can do?

We get more details on every alpha, beta and RC of every subcomponent of GNOME than that!

Come on Michael KDE deserves a bit better than that no?
    Yes and this is sad. Maybe at h-online there will be some more informative article.

I just love kde4......... it reached the almost "perfect feature-rich" state.

Gnome on the contrary reached the almost "essential but working" state.

They both have their reasons to exist.

Yeah it's awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by FireBurn View Post
    Is that it?

This release has countless small improvements with only a handful of bigger ones.

Quote Originally Posted by KAMiKAZOW View Post
    This release has countless small improvements with only a handful of bigger ones.
    Less than GNOME 2.xx minor versions?

Yay finally! Just today (still using RC3, not upgraded yet) I discovered a very nice new feature in KDE 4.5. If you open the System Monitor and right click on a process there is a new option that displays a very nice detailed memory information about the process.

I'm a programmer, so I will concentrate here on kdelibs

KSharedDataCache is very impressive. In fact, I was experimenting with something similar not so long time ago. Even some implementation details are similar. But this implementation is surely more mature and featureful (including eviction mechanism). Such a cache was requirement for my long-standing project (web engine written in C++ instead of PHP, etc), so now I'll be back to my work. Thank you, KDE

Quote Originally Posted by Tsiolkovsky View Post
    Yay finally! Just today (still using RC3, not upgraded yet) I discovered a very nice new feature in KDE 4.5. If you open the System Monitor and right click on a process there is a new option that displays a very nice detailed memory information about the process.
    Nice find!!! Thanks