Thread: new 965 article - 18.05.07

Default new 965 article - 18.05.07

cheers for the article, two questions:
    > why test with the crippled Q965 chipset as opposed to the more capable "G" version?
    > when is X.org 7.3 actually due out, there is no sign of a release date on their website or mailing lists?

regards

Quote Originally Posted by R3MF View Post
    cheers for the article, two questions:
    > why test with the crippled Q965 chipset as opposed to the more capable "G" version?
    Because that is probably what he's got in hand.

See http://phoronix.net/forums/showthrea...newpost&t=2888 for more information.

Q965 was on hand so it was tested.

X11R73 should be out later this year -- I think the October or November time frame.

cheers for the explanation.

ouch, that is later than i was hoping for, for the release of 7.3. odd given that it is well outside the usual six month target, and that Sabayon 3.4 Loop 2 out today has included a dev version of 7.3.

Would it be possible for upcoming GMA (X)3x00 benchmark to include an R200 chipset to the compairison ?

Currently my computer have a Radeon 9100 (or 8500LE), I plan to buy a new computer but I absolutely need a *good opensource driver* (like any r200 cards) and *better performance than my current card* (otherwise I don't see the point of changing my computer).

So it would be very helpful, thanks ^^

Regards.